Free credit reports ***This is not a scam***

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
If you don't already know, the Federal Government has guaranteed you a copy of your credit report once a year from each of the big three reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax). I make it a point to order mine when tax time comes around. It takes about 3 minutes on line.

www.annualcreditreport.com

You can also opt out from allowing credit card companies, banks, insurance companies etc from getting your info to see if they want to offer you credit. This helps cuts down on those junk mail offers. This take about 1 minute.

www.optoutprescreen.com

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
not a scam, its free alright but it costs a few bucks to actually see your credit numbers...then you have to call and cancel before your trial period ends, if not you get charged...but yeah its free, hell i did it last year

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
not a scam, its free alright but it costs a few bucks to actually see your credit numbers...then you have to call and cancel before your trial period ends, if not you get charged...but yeah its free, hell i did it last year
Those are other sites, this site is only reports, though I think it has links to those other sites.

MissGT23

Established Member

You are wrong. Annualcredit report, you can check all 3 companies but once a year for free. I use it every year.
Freecreditreport, is where you have to pay and cancel after a month.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
If you are looking for added security regarding your personal credit, I highly suggest looking into a security freeze a.k.a. a credit freeze. Anyone trying to run a credit report has to have a PIN in order to do so. You are given your own once signing up, and can give a temporary one to lenders if you are applying for credit. Makes it virtually impossible for someone to open accounts under your information.

How and Why to Freeze Your Credit

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
You are wrong. Annualcredit report, you can check all 3 companies but once a year for free. I use it every year.
Freecreditreport, is where you have to pay and cancel after a month.

No, YOU are wrong. He's talking about seeing your fico scores, which you have to pay for.. not just looking at your reports.

Also, there are several ways to see your reports for free more than once a year.

.. and ****ing LOL at this thread. Did you guys hear??? The Titanic sank!

Last edited:

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I recommend everyone do this when they file their taxes, so one last bump for tax day

If you don't already know, the Federal Government has guaranteed you a copy of your credit report once a year from each of the big three reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion and Equifax). I make it a point to order mine when tax time comes around. It takes about 3 minutes on line.

www.annualcreditreport.com

You can also opt out from allowing credit card companies, banks, insurance companies etc from getting your info to see if they want to offer you credit. This helps cuts down on those junk mail offers. This take about 1 minute.

www.optoutprescreen.com

SpectorV

Established Member
freecreditreport.com has a link to your real free credit report on their site which I believe links you to annualcreditreport.com~

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
freecreditreport.com has a link to your real free credit report on their site which I believe links you to annualcreditreport.com~

?? Neat. Let's waste our time going to a bullshit website that supposedly takes us to the site we should've gone to in the first place. Great advice bro

Users who are viewing this thread