Freakin' cold!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
So I've somehow got every Covid-19 antibody. Which means I've been exposed (not surprising since i work in one of Houston's largest medical-center hospitals), but I have have never been sick. Completely asymptomatic. I should have been a goner. I'm 60, overweight, high-blood pressure, pre-diabetc and high cholesterol, all the things Covid-19 loves. I have been so incredibly lucky. I'm thankful for it.

Guess what I did get? A cold. No fever, just coughing my head off and blowing my nose every 30 seconds. Already been tested, it's not omicron.

Haven't had a sick day in two years with all this going on, and what gets me? The common cold!

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Apparently you have good genetics.

My 37 year old, 10% bodyfat, physically strong/robust 202 lb body told me I had Covid but it would have been a mild winter cold in any other year besides 2020 or 2021. The 2'-8" tall, 30 lb gremlin showed no effects and the 34 year old concubine was only slightly worse off than me.

In the last few weeks I finally can say I know someone who died from Covid. My dad's sister's 2nd ex husband (she has 4 of them!) died. Somewhat overweight, smoker, fairly heavy drinker, 65 years old, etc. If Covid was half as bad as Fraudchi makes it out to be, 99% of those type of guys would be dead. As is, only 1-2% of those guys die when they get Covid.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So around 25% of divorced guys who get Covid don't make it?

Terrifying stat.

I'd like to just link it to marriage. 100% of married guys die. Terrifying!

Back on topic, his marriage to my aunt was his second and he was married again at least once more afterwards. I frequently tell my wife she's the one for me forever and I would rather die than ever get married again (not kidding btw).

I do feel for my cousin and her 4 children as they now have lost a father/grandfather too soon.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
So I've somehow got every Covid-19 antibody. Which means I've been exposed (not surprising since i work in one of Houston's largest medical-center hospitals), but I have have never been sick. Completely asymptomatic. I should have been a goner. I'm 60, overweight, high-blood pressure, pre-diabetc and high cholesterol, all the things Covid-19 loves. I have been so incredibly lucky. I'm thankful for it.

Guess what I did get? A cold. No fever, just coughing my head off and blowing my nose every 30 seconds. Already been tested, it's not omicron.

Haven't had a sick day in two years with all this going on, and what gets me? The common cold!
SHUT THE ENTIRE ECONOMY DOWN NOW! THE ONLY REASON TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE IS TO PROTEST RACISM!!!!! :)

Correct me if I am wrong.

You were a semi competitive power lifter?

And if nothing else. I think you should try and get down to a healthier weight. Like I did. By any means necessary.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No figure, right, Jim. So did you get an actual Covid test? And you're negative? I heard that the rapid tests done in doctors' offices can show a positive test result not only for Covid, but also flu and colds. Only with the rapid tests.

If what I said above it true, I have to wonder what the millions of in-home test kits are going to show. Will common colds show a positive test for Covid? And the same with seasonal flu?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Already been tested, it's not omicron.
What test did you take that can differentiate between variants? CDC says the current tests run out of emergency authorization on 12/31 and can't differentiate between C19 and Influenza. Glad you're ok.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
If what I said above it true, I have to wonder what the millions of in-home test kits are going to show. Will common colds show a positive test for Covid? And the same with seasonal flu?
Yes. It's going to be a disaster.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
No figure, right, Jim. So did you get an actual Covid test? And you're negative? I heard that the rapid tests done in doctors' offices can show a positive test result not only for Covid, but also flu and colds. Only with the rapid tests.

I was tested at the hospital in which I work, via a process they have reserved for employees and vendors and contractors that they have deemed "essential."

Your questions about the home tests are spot-on, and no one is talking about it. It takes special lab test equipment and trained operators to differentiate between the numerous other Covid virii out there.

James Snover

Established Member
Premium Member
SHUT THE ENTIRE ECONOMY DOWN NOW! THE ONLY REASON TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE IS TO PROTEST RACISM!!!!! :)

Correct me if I am wrong.

You were a semi competitive power lifter?

And if nothing else. I think you should try and get down to a healthier weight. Like I did. By any means necessary.
semi-competitive, purely amateur. And that was back in the '90's. Haven't touched a weight since then.

But you're right: I do need to lose some weight. Ive actually been thinking about starting lifting, again, but just for maintenance.

MG0h3

Established Member

You must be vaxxed and have worn your mask to have survived.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread