Freak storm....

flattrack53

Established Member
Yeah it is a crazy one. Lots of strange lightning. Last night I was woken up to cherry sized hail.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
Montgomery county looks like a war zone.... i was supposed to be off at 1am.... it's 6am and won't be leavibg until 8am..... so tired

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Beautiful morning without power. A big shout-out to my generator for not making me run out for coffee.

Last edited:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
The AT&T National tournament was closed to all volunteers and spectators today. Congressional is a DISASTER, with tons of damage to trees, fences, tents, etc. and most of Potomac looks like it's been hit by a hurricane. They may play a closed third round today if they can repair enough damage to the golf course, but no way they could make it safe for the crowds.

From Rockville northward got off pretty easy by comparison...

wheelhopper

Established Member
No power here in Northern Calvert, at least for my neighborhood. The local McDonalds and WaWa (we only have one each) was swamped with people getting breakfast and lunch like I have never seen. Luckily I have one generator wired to the breaker box and another small one keeping my beer fridge, in the garage, cold. Still not strong enough to power the AC though. I will be selling a 5500 running watt generator, for $400, after I get my power back. I am going to get a 10K watt unit.

Hyperstang

Iron Fist Lead Foot
Established Member
It was pretty insane... I'm a volunteer firefighter and they called me in. We were running calls pretty much back to back. We had downed power lines and trees everywhere in Rockville and the surrounding areas. We had several transformer boxes that had gotten hit and a couple of transformer fires and a house fire. It just sucked because me and some friends went to the movies last night and we only got 10-15 minutes into the movie before they called me in. But on the flip side I did get 2 free movie passes lol. My neighbor called today and they said at least 3-4 days before power is restored

Last edited:

20redfire03

Established Member
Thought it was gonna be bad but we got some wind and lightning and looks like a small amount of rain. But from what the weather stations were saying I thought it would have been worse. Seems we got passed over here.

cobra1923

Established Member
No power here in Northern Calvert, at least for my neighborhood. The local McDonalds and WaWa (we only have one each) was swamped with people getting breakfast and lunch like I have never seen. Luckily I have one generator wired to the breaker box and another small one keeping my beer fridge, in the garage, cold. Still not strong enough to power the AC though. I will be selling a 5500 running watt generator, for $400, after I get my power back. I am going to get a 10K watt unit.

Might be interested, any idea on total hours?

Sorry to hear about the damage down south, little thunder and lightning up here was all. Slept like a baby

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
I drove straight into it was the best drive ever! F the tib! i roll with the a cobra! Lol shit was insane! I love weather like that!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Good hearing from most. That was a screwed up storm. Power was lost and I did not get coffee til close to 11:30!! That $hit ain't right! Lol. Power came on at 1 ish but had been going on and off til just now. I feel for those still out as I went through that about a year ago. Ugh!

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
If it makes you feel any better i slept 13 hours.

:beer:

It doesn't. But it makes me feel better to finally be in Fenwick Island for a week!!
I took a few pics before they let us go home....
2012-06-30_06-45-40_770.jpg

There were 3 people inside this (red) car when the tree came down. They got out, shook it off and walked home.... Yes, the freaking roof caved in.

2012-06-30_06-45-04_522.jpg

Pretty much every street looked like this....
2012-06-30_06-39-05_608.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Last night was fun eh Tony? I bet you were busy and not bored! It looked like 4th of July here with the lightning and crazy with wind and rain!

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
Last night was fun eh Tony? I bet you were busy and not bored! It looked like 4th of July here with the lightning and crazy with wind and rain!

The lighting show was very impressive. I took shelter at a gas station and watched it all with a front row seat.... :pop: Trees coming down, pitched black, the crackling of branches:pop:
And then dealing with people trying to drive over downed power lines :bash: only to be followed by people zooming by major intersections like they were the only ones out on the road :bash:
It's amazing how people try to go around blocked roads.... Even with a cruiser in the middle of the road.... "uh, can I go this way?" :bash::bash::bash: me:"so you mean to tell me I'm wasting my time standing here???" The sarcastic level was off the chart last night.

Users who are viewing this thread