fr5hr6.jpg

fr5hr5.jpg

right after installation and alignment
fr5hr4.jpg

After a long drive it settled a bit
fr5hr3.jpg

fr5hr2.jpg

fr5hr1.jpg

Hopefully it settles a little more in the front. The ride is very stock feeling on smooth roads when just cruising. When I get on it though, it feels way more responsive. Soft when I want it, stiff when it counts. I dig this set-up so far. I would've gone with the Supersports, but I have a steep driveway.

The 285/35/18 Sumi's hook real nice. definitely feel some power loss due to the added rotating mass. It's hard to tell exactly how much is due to that and how much is due to just having better grip. Next up, 3.90's or 4.10's, MM subframe connectors, Evolution V-brace, and MM caster/camber plates. Maybe some LCA's too.
:rockon:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont you hate that! When I put my 18s I too felt the power loss! oh well I guess well have to make it up oith more horsepower...

Oh and the springs will settle just give them more time.

Last edited:

e.rigby

Established Member
pringles808 - that's what i was thinking, but i guess he was just being thorough. he ended up just giving me -1 degree of camber on both sides when i'm in the car, then had to do some toe adjustment.

merauder323 - yeah, i only really can tell from a dig ... i guess it's an inertia thing.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
merauder323 said:
Dont you hate that! When I put my 18s I too felt the power loss! oh well I guess well have to make it up oith more horsepower...

Oh and the springs will settle just give them more time.

yeh lol thats why i kept stock rims and dropped my tires size.. so i gain power:D

btw ur car looks sweet man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice! I would expect the front to settle just a bit more. More weight up there. Give it a little time. I love the look! And believe me, when you get those new gears it is going to feel way different. 4.10s seem to be pretty popular on the Mach 1s.

95riosnake

Established Member
I know what you mean about feelin a slight power loss with 18's, but I like them too much to care...just more reason to supercharge mine! It seems like almost all stangs I see lowered on anything but SuperSports and Sportlines complain about the front needing to settle more...i.e. my pro-kits. I think I will just say F-it and cut a half coil off the fronts, unless I can find someone selling just front sportlines (hard to find).

e.rigby

Established Member
Cobrabob - Thanks. yeah I hear ya, as soon as it came off the lift, my impatient side was thinking "pull the front isos!" haha. I'll give it a month.

95riosnake - Yeah, I just want it to settle somewhere between 1/8-1/4" closer to the 1/4" mark. Otherwise, I'll just pull the front top iso. Your 95 is f-in clean by the way!

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Niiiiice :thumbsup:

Now just throw some tint on the back lights.

I guess you have to find the right shop because I went to a few that couldn't align my tires because of the size and they are only 17x9.... :shrug:

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Oh yeah, I know 18s fill the wheel base more, but why not just keep the front tires 17x9s? I want to get aftermarket rims but I don't want the added weight of 18s on the front, so I'm going with 17s up front and 18s in the back. I think cars look better when there is a noticable difference between the size of the front and rear tire...JMO

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sweet lookin car dude! I got the Tokico HP kit with their springs and shocks together. I knew the drop wouldn't be enough so I pulled the bottom iso's in the front and the top ones in the rear, then ended up cutting a half coil off the front springs. The rake looks mean as hell, though it could stand another half inch or so lower.

Think about it. My ride didn't change a big after I cut the springs. Just started scraping the LT's...

95riosnake

Established Member
sunburned said:
Sweet lookin car dude! I got the Tokico HP kit with their springs and shocks together. I knew the drop wouldn't be enough so I pulled the bottom iso's in the front and the top ones in the rear, then ended up cutting a half coil off the front springs. The rake looks mean as hell, though it could stand another half inch or so lower.

Think about it. My ride didn't change a big after I cut the springs. Just started scraping the LT's...

Which springs were you running that you cut? I have the Pro-kits and am going to cut a half coil off the fronts...as long as the ride isnt terrible, I can live with it for a better stance.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Sweet Pix!

So sweet!!!! I cant believe I happened to run into you at the In and Out drive-through on my lunch break.. lol..

See ya soon bro

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Very nice looking Mach. :thumbsup: I like the pony removed from the front on the black machs, makes them look meaner. Throw some 4.10s in the mix and it'll be a totally different monster. My buddy has a 2004 mach and went 4.10s, I couldn't believe the difference. Have fun!!

e.rigby

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm glad the wheel combo/springs choice came out the way I imagined. I was stressin for a while about which springs to go with and I haven't really seen black mach's with anthracite FR500s.

Aaron - Cool, you still have 'em. I'll get at you sometime this coming week. I'll be in Vegas this weekend.

DSG2004SVT - Yeah, I can't wait to get those 4.10s ... installation is just costly. I'm thinking of painting the grille delete bezel and hood latch mount semi-flat black so it doesn't look like something is missing in there. You think it'll work?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
e.rigby said:
pringles808 - that's what i was thinking, but i guess he was just being thorough. he ended up just giving me -1 degree of camber on both sides when i'm in the car, then had to do some toe adjustment.

You have to put heads on all the wheels to get a base reading.

The alingment machine calculates the front off the rear. It takes it into effect so your car isn't dog tracking down the road.

You can't technically align a solid rear.

Users who are viewing this thread