FR500 Intake Manifold

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Ultimate, no compromise manifold. The short runners provide a direct shot to the back of the intake valve. Ridiculous top end pull. My ported stocker fell on its face after 6k. I swapped this one in and it kept pulling to my 7500rpm redline. It took off half a second and gained 3mph in the quarter over the ported stocker.

It's currently short runner only but has all the parts to make the long runners work. One rod is from an aviator manifold and needs slight welding only to set where the butterfly valves open and close. It should be a simple fix but I never got around to it because I didn't think the low end was bad with the short runners. My car has 4.56 gears but is also 3800lbs. Also there is no gasket for the upper lid and of course ford doesn't make them. I used a small bead of silicone and it sealed up great.
Asking $1,400
fr2.jpg

fr1.jpg

fr500stuff.gif

Last edited:

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
the intake will fit a 5.4 with these adapter plates
100_0269.jpg

bmeagher,
it was used with the fr500 cam kit and 03 cobra heads. the intake isn't cheap but ford was charging $3,500 for the intake kit! it always pissed me off that ford never made a good performance minded intake for a normal price. your only other option for a tough setup would be a sullivan intake which is somewhat compromised and also exceeds this price when you factor in upper, lower, fuel rails, and intake pipe.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Adapter plates from 4.6 to 5.4 are always a bad idea.
Back to out regularly scheduled program,
FR500 intake FS.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
BTW Anyone wanting to go turbo or centri on a 4.6 DOHC with C heads this is the billy bad ass of broad power band intakes to have!:rockon:

The Sullivan favors top end power and the 01 Cobra/Mach 1 favor low end and are hurting up top.

This intake is worth more money than this.

GLWS!:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread