FR500 Cobra one year later

99svtvert

FR500 Cobra one year later -- Few pics added

Last April 1, 2006, I finished the FR500 conversion of my 99 Cobra. I have been driving it a lot this first year (409 RWHP; 380 RWTQ) and I can't
say enough about the drivablility and reliability.

FR500 Heads Ported and Polished to Stage 2-3
11:1 Pistons and Teksid block
FR500 Cams
FR500 Intake
FR500 CB
Bassani Midlength Headers
Catted BX X-Pipe
03 Cobra Fuel Pumps
39# 03 Cobra Injectors
Custom Tune
4.30's
MSD ignition and MSD Window switch

The car nets almost the same gas mileage as the 99 unmodified. It is as easy to drive and aside from mild cam rumble (more noiticible than I though b y the number of commnets) you can hardly tell the difference. But, it can scream and is faster than any Terminator I have gone against.

No mechanical or electrical issues. No real complexity.

It is all good. Highly reccommended !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

snkevenom

Established Member
did you use flat tops witht the cobra that had 10.5 cr? and did you have to notch them if you did? i have a 99 cobra and i am looking to go with the fr500 high lift cam kit but i want to get forged flat tops..will it clear?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
snkevenom said:
did you use flat tops witht the cobra that had 10.5 cr? and did you have to notch them if you did? i have a 99 cobra and i am looking to go with the fr500 high lift cam kit but i want to get forged flat tops..will it clear?

They will clear as long as the pistons have valve reliefs.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
That's way kool! Where you been at lately? I was just thinkin' I hadn't seen any posts by you in a while. When are you and the 99riored guy gonna come out to an stlmustangs cruise/get together?

99svtvert

ca2.jpg

ca7.jpg

ca12.jpg

ca3.jpg

fr5001.jpg

99svtvert

snkevenom said:

They are custom Diamond 14.0:1 domes with the dome ground down to 11.2:1. No knock problems ever. Knock Sensors are turned off too.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
sounds like a great setup. if i had the cash i would love to go this route with my 2001

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
That's way kool! Where you been at lately? I was just thinkin' I hadn't seen any posts by you in a while. When are you and the 99riored guy gonna come out to an stlmustangs cruise/get together?
as soon as i can get this damn freeze plug to stop leaking.....:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread