Foxbody w/a Military Theme - OD Green Canvas

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
Earlier this week, (3/31/2009) we completed Kailuaz' custom interior in his Foxbody that he's been building with a Military theme.

besttwoviewmed-1.jpg

We designed, fabricated, and installed custom OD Green (original standard Army-issue canvas) Headliner, Door Panels, Rear Sail Panels, and a Rear Seat Delete for the project. We also reupholstered his OEM seats in the matching OD Green canvas!

Here's some photos of before, during, and after:

100_1865.jpg

100_1866.jpg

100_1851.jpg

100_1850.jpg

100_1864.jpg

100_1863.jpg

100_1946.jpg

100_1947.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1941.jpg

100_1942.jpg

100_1945.jpg

DSC05280.jpg

DSC05293.jpg

100_1985.jpg

100_1986.jpg

100_1987.jpg

100_1988.jpg

100_1990.jpg

100_1991.jpg

100_1992.jpg

DSC05299.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

DSC05310.jpg

DSC05316.jpg

DSC05320.jpg

DSC05295-1-1.jpg

To see more of Eric's Military Mustang, you can check out his website at Military Mustang Dot Info!

You can also check out his build thread over on Tampa Racing, by clicking Here!

I know it's not necessarily everyone's cup o' tea - but I think it came out great for his project goals!!!!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Neat project. I wonder if it have the same smell of a Hummvee in the inside.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I could see doing this to a vehicle the military actually used, but a mustang? I'm all about military stuff but this one is a bit strange. Looks like nice work though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very different, and a cool idea. I'd like to see how the finished interior comes out. I think the owner mentioned he liked the color desert tan (military) as well. You know, I wonder if the two colors would go well together. You know, the military green as the primary color with tan accents. Just a thought.

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
We're doing a similar build on a friend's 89 LX notchback. It ahs a much more aggressive military theme though, closer to a P48 than a Hummer. Will have pics in a few weeks.

This one looks awesome though and the carrying of the theme into the interior and wheels etc is sweet. Can't wait to see it finished!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I think if the inside was black it would look a whole lot better. That way it would look military on the outside, but still be somewhat normal. Just my two cents.

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
Thanks a lot for the compliments and critique guys! While I agree that this may not be a "real" Military used vehicle, I also agree w/the idea of doing what you want - to whatever you want. This owner happens to really enjoy Mustangs (duh; don't we all, lol), and he happens to be retired Military - and I really like the theme he's approaching the car with. His page has a lot of cool ideas on it, like when he purchased the car, "Re-enlisted for duty" is what he called it, and it was a debacle when he got it. He's got a ton of parts sitting in his garage, including a BBF 460, and he's going to make this thing a wicked one-off project that will really make people scratch their heads at all the shows, auto-x events, etc. Which I think is awesome!!!!

Thanks again for the props and critique!!!! We'll be finishing up a set of custom RCI Seat Covers in the next few days at the shop, so I'll have those posted here shortly :D

MiDiablo

Custom Auto Upholsterty
Established Member
I think if the inside was black it would look a whole lot better. That way it would look military on the outside, but still be somewhat normal. Just my two cents.

I think he is going to expirement with interior colors, from what I remember. He's just got it in red primer currently, while he is finishing up bringing the car back down to bare metal (protect it from surface rust obviously). He's removed a TON of weight, and metal, and deleted all sound-deadening material, etc. So he's got a ways to go before painting the interior :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread