Foxbody Coupe Build

Ackbar00

The Peoples Choice
Established Member
Nice work!

Now is the perfect time to put a Line Lock in if you have not done so. I did when I did my Hydroboost conversion on my 93.

Gravik

Established Member
How do you like the box intake?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

32icon321

Established Member
Figured I would post an update. I finally found a new edge GT after looking for 2+ years. Will start a new thread on it shortly and will link it here.
https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...gt-build-thread-begins.1151082/#post-15753857
How it looked when I bought it:
IMG_2149.PNG

Had to ditch the stripes and wheels immediately:
IMG_2235.JPG

I picked up a set of GT500 front brembo calipers off this forum for $360 shipped. I couldnt pass them up for that price. I then purchased the FTR adapter kit to bolt them to 94-04 cars. It was kind of an impulse purchase and I am not entirely set on whether to put them on the coupe or the new edge yet.

IMG_2244.JPG

brakes 2.jpg

This is my thought process so far:

Coupe-
Positives:
Will eventually be road racing the car so bigger calipers, bigger rotors are obvious improvement. The cobra Rs are not as great for track use as I originally thought. Then will put the Rs on the new edge.
Negatives:
Need 18in wheels with weird offset. FTR recommends s197 (~45mm). I love the way the foxes sit on 17s. Foxes dont have quite as much clearance as the new edge cars do. The car doesnt have any rubbing issues at all with the current set up and I know that will change if I went with 18s

New edge-
Positives:
Would have awesome eye appeal on the street. The new edge cars need 18s. I already regret the chrome 03/04 17s I bought for the car.
Negatives:
Still need some better brakes for the coupe and not the biggest fan of running the adapters and spacers on a street driven car.

The major problems I am running into at the moment is finding a wheel that I like that will clear them. I bought some new egde spindles and going to make a mock up table for them. We are not fully convinced the FTR adapter kit is the best way to do it anyways. We have access to CNC and CAD so may go a different direction.

Wheel options currently on the table are XXR 531 35mm offset and 2010 18in Gt500 take offs.

At any rate I am excited to start toying with it. Especially if we can make our own bracket system that will not require the use of spacers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread