Fox Body/SN-95/New Edge Mustang squeaky front end fix!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I posted this in the SN-95 section, but it also applies to the Terminator (I did this fix on my second Terminator).

Did a little project on my 95 “2-top” convertible Mustang Cobra today. The front end on this one is “squeaky.” I had the same thing on a couple of my other cars... here is the fix:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice video, even nicer garage!!! Think Ive had those bushings for about 2 years now waiting to go on, I need to break quarantine to go get my Cobra outta storage already.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
Nice video, even nicer garage!!! Think Ive had those bushings for about 2 years now waiting to go on, I need to break quarantine to go get my Cobra outta storage already.
They're worth doing. I put the MM aluminum ones on years ago and it gave the steering a noticeably more direct feeling. If the steering rack bushings are showing their age then you may want to take a look at the front control arm bushings and ball joints as well, I found one of mine was shot last year. Replacing the arms or just the bushings and joints is a big job but its a while you're there thing.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
When my Cobra comes back from storage refreshing my suspension is on my to-do list after I track down a small coolant leak.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the best, and necessary, suspension mods IMO. Especially now since the '03-'04 Cobra has a bunch of years on it now. The Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS bushing kit isn't cheap, but it's a good one.

Goose17

Established Member

Goose17

Established Member
Finally took the 95 “2-top” Cobra vert out for its maiden voyage today after doing this project. Happy to report that the squeak/creak is completely gone!

1940-EFC2-775-C-4-D35-8-C1-E-F9095076-F12-E.jpg

D47-C9786-19-B6-4789-A37-E-70210-C2-F9-D79.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread