Found something strange in the trunk yesterday!

MARK C

Established Member
Mice in the car are a huge pain! I had a mouse infestation in the trunk of my car while it was sitting in a garage being stored.
They crawled in the head liner, under the all seats including the rear, all through the trunk and the liner, under the spare tire, glove box, etc. They left one heck of a mess with birthing fluids, poop, urine, you name it. I believe they even nested in the frame under the side kick panels as I had some nasty smelling fluid dripping from the wheel well area.
Bottom line, put some good traps in the garage and in the trunk of your car. Try to use peanut butter as bait as mice love the stuff. I use the Ortho enclosed traps, and they work very well:

http://di1-2.shoppingshadow.com/ima...mpany+The+Scotts+Co+0320110+Ortho+Home+De.jpg

Another recommendation is to buy Irish Spring soap and scatter some of its shaving around your car. I also purchased some dryer sheets and put them throughout the car as apparently mice do not like either smells. Once I did these three things, there were no more mice.
I plan to do the same this winter as well.

Thanks for the advice! Our Cobra's are pretty close.Except you have more qubes, more boost, more fuel,and better heads! LOL :-D

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Is there a hidden one way door that allows these little ****ers to get into the trunk area or something? Id think it would be all sealed up no?? Engine bay and mufflers I understand, but inside the car??

MARK C

Established Member
Is there a hidden one way door that allows these little ****ers to get into the trunk area or something? Id think it would be all sealed up no?? Engine bay and mufflers I understand, but inside the car??

I don't think so...those little fuc*** can get in anywhere! The Cobra has been in my garage for 9 years now 1st time I had this issue! Good thing,I haven't seen them come back yet. But still no kills in either traps! I would REALLY like to muder a few of them!!! LOL

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think so...those little fuc*** can get in anywhere! The Cobra has been in my garage for 9 years now 1st time I had this issue! Good thing,I haven't seen them come back yet. But still no kills in either traps! I would REALLY like to muder a few of them!!! LOL

As said above, use peanut butter. Irresistable.

paluka21

Established Member
Thanks for the advice! Our Cobra's are pretty close.Except you have more qubes, more boost, more fuel,and better heads! LOL :-D

I'm beginning to find these Prochargers like to be spun a little more in order to get where I want the car to be.. I am also going to be experimenting with the inlet side of the head unit as the stock Procharger filter/tubing is very restrictive and downright inefficient. AFM makes a nice looking power pipe for the p1/d1 head unit, but requires a 3" cowl hood, which I have, but haven't installed yet. I also hear a lot of talk about velocity rings that people put on the back of their head units to help reduce the turbulation and restriction.
I'm hoping to get this car in the 600-620rwhp range on the SuperFlow/load based dyno perhaps next spring. Not sure how that would compare to a DynoJet that I used to get tuned on, but I'm thinking it would be another 40-60hp since the DynoJets don't use load, just inertia.

Last edited:

MARK C

Established Member
I'm beginning to find these Prochargers like to be spun a little more in order to get where I want the car to be.. I am also going to be experimenting with the inlet side of the head unit as the stock Procharger filter/tubing is very restrictive and downright inefficient. AFM makes a nice looking power pipe for the p1/d1 head unit, but requires a 3" cowl hood, which I have, but haven't installed yet. I also hear a lot of talk about velocity rings that people put on the back of their head units to help reduce the turbulation and restriction.
I'm hoping to get this car in the 600-620rwhp range on the SuperFlow/load based dyno perhaps next spring. Not sure how that would compare to a DynoJet that I used to get tuned on, but I'm thinking it would be another 40-60hp since the DynoJets don't use load, just inertia.

I did see the power pipe. I've got a small k&N clamped right to the inlet of the P/C. it just fits between the supercharger and the shock tower. If I went with the Power pipe I would have to remove my strut tower brace, I have a either a 2-1/2, or 3 inch cervin's Cobra R hood. Not sure if it would fit or if I would see any gains?

Users who are viewing this thread