Found something strange in the trunk yesterday!

MARK C

Established Member
Want to go for a little spin yesterday and fill up the tank for the cold winter in front of us. I opened the trunk to unhook my battery tender, saw something move, it was the same time I unhooked the tender so I thought for a second it was a elect charge....as I looked around...I saw some towel that was in there had some holes in it and THEN I saw some mouse SHIT!!! Not happy to say the least! Under the towel a big nest made from what it lookks like some of the Cobra's carpet insulation!! Looked into the int..untouched....... thank god, thought for sure a seat might have been torn up! Needless to say there is 2 new mouse traps in the trunk right now! Will be checking it every night to see when I get thoses bastards!!! Anyone else have any rodents get into there Cobra? :uh oh:

evolve

Established Member
Not currently. The first owner of the car had them. I took the eaton off and found rat poo!

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Common out here in the desert. A bar of Irish Spring or heavily scented bar soap cut into pieces distributed around the engine will keep them away.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I had my 5.0 sititng under a shed for a little while out my grandma's and went to start it and it wouldnt crank. I opened the hood and found like 4 of my plug wires chewed in half and a nest made of the material. kill those little bastards before they do any more damage haha.

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
Yea winter is quickly approching. I was born and raised in Southfield, just outside Detroit so I know about cold winters. Was just up there for the Woodward Dream Cruise in August. Also spent time in the UP on Drummond Island, beautiful place, gods country in the summer. Good luck getting rid of the mice.

MARK C

Established Member
Yea winter is quickly approching. I was born and raised in Southfield, just outside Detroit so I know about cold winters. Was just up there for the Woodward Dream Cruise in August. Also spent time in the UP on Drummond Island, beautiful place, gods country in the summer. Good luck getting rid of the mice.

I'm not far from southfield at all. I'm Waterford. Know of it? Yes, the dream cruise is a BLAST to say the least. Haven't missed one yet! The Cobra does good there, IE: Racing the old, most of the time slower, than me hot rods! hehehe

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
I'm not far from southfield at all. I'm Waterford. Know of it? Yes, the dream cruise is a BLAST to say the least. Haven't missed one yet! The Cobra does good there, IE: Racing the old, most of the time slower, than me hot rods! hehehe
Yep I'm familar with Waterford. I always enjoy the Dream Cruise except the cops (while necessary) are getting too heavy handed. We went cruising Woodward during the week prior to the cruise and by 9:00pm they were chasing people off and closing down Woodward to the cruisers.

MARK C

Established Member
Well, day 2 nothing in the mouse traps. The traps were "presented to smell like cheese" I'm going to put some real cheese in them tonight! DEATH TO THE BASTERDS!!!!! Anyone have good luck with traps or poison? I was thinking of some poison in the garage if the traps don't kill them? :shrug:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Well, day 2 nothing in the mouse traps. The traps were "presented to smell like cheese" I'm going to put some real cheese in them tonight! DEATH TO THE BASTERDS!!!!! Anyone have good luck with traps or poison? I was thinking of some poison in the garage if the traps don't kill them? :shrug:

I would put glue traps down if I were you so that way you can not only catch mice but other pest coming in from the cold. Also from what my pest control guy told me that mice bait actually attracks mice and that actually makes them want to come in your home.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
We had a car in here at work, the customer kept saying the car stunk, in the end we found the entire rear bumber cover was stuffed full of dog food!! chipmunks had been putting it in every little spot they could find in the rear bumper area lol. The customer said they could not figure out where all the dog food was going. well we found it lol.

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
You need to mouse-proof your garage and seal off any entrances/food sources that are allowing them to enter...g'luck, your Cobra's electrical system/wiring depends on it in the future.

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
When I was doing my longtube install I left my car at a buddies shop overnight. When I finally got everything buttoned up I started the car and let it idle. I revved it a couple times and then got my gf to rev it while I stood at the back. I noticed blue and white shreds coming out of one of the tips so I told her to hit it harder. All of the sudden out of nowhere a large amount of blue shop towels and toilet paper comes flying out along with a rat that hits me dead in the chest. Obviously he decided to make a home in one of my flowmasters during the install. lol

Zacharyx

Established Member
Haven't had them in the car but they used to wreck havoc on my gas grill lines

MARK C

Established Member
When I was doing my longtube install I left my car at a buddies shop overnight. When I finally got everything buttoned up I started the car and let it idle. I revved it a couple times and then got my gf to rev it while I stood at the back. I noticed blue and white shreds coming out of one of the tips so I told her to hit it harder. All of the sudden out of nowhere a large amount of blue shop towels and toilet paper comes flying out along with a rat that hits me dead in the chest. Obviously he decided to make a home in one of my flowmasters during the install. lol

That was funny!!

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I keep traps set in my garage baited with peanut butter. Caught a couple last fall before taking my car to have subframe connectors welded in. Turns out one of the ones I caught was the momma mouse. When it came time to pick up my car 2 weeks had passed and her offspring had been ripening in a hard to find corner of my trunk. The smell was horrible.

IMG_20101020_123913.jpg

Spots I've found they like.. . Inside quarter panels (accessed by removing trunk liner on back and sides of inside of trunk.

Remove lower back seat. Sometimes under there or you'll see a hole on the inside under the rear side window while the back seat bottom is out. Reach in there and you'll usually find something.

And one good reason not to use poison. . . they'll eat it and find some hard to find spot in the car to croak. I guess it's payback.

paluka21

Established Member
Mice in the car are a huge pain! I had a mouse infestation in the trunk of my car while it was sitting in a garage being stored.
They crawled in the head liner, under the all seats including the rear, all through the trunk and the liner, under the spare tire, glove box, etc. They left one heck of a mess with birthing fluids, poop, urine, you name it. I believe they even nested in the frame under the side kick panels as I had some nasty smelling fluid dripping from the wheel well area.
Bottom line, put some good traps in the garage and in the trunk of your car. Try to use peanut butter as bait as mice love the stuff. I use the Ortho enclosed traps, and they work very well:

http://di1-2.shoppingshadow.com/ima...mpany+The+Scotts+Co+0320110+Ortho+Home+De.jpg

Another recommendation is to buy Irish Spring soap and scatter some of its shaving around your car. I also purchased some dryer sheets and put them throughout the car as apparently mice do not like either smells. Once I did these three things, there were no more mice.
I plan to do the same this winter as well.

Users who are viewing this thread