Found pacesetter armor coat for 398 shipped!

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Pacesetter Exhaust Headers - Armor Coat 72C3229

Ordered me a set n they came in today!
quite impressed!
428322_10100321018155947_116125971_n_zpsa602817c.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
sweet, these pacesetters seem to have recently become popular. Are they the new budget Mac longtubes?

JAYSVT06

Established Member
sweet, these pacesetters seem to have recently become popular. Are they the new budget Mac longtubes?

pretty much! i had macs on my other cobra and they were split in middle on driver side , 2 pieces n slipped togethor at the collector n always leaked there n i didnt weld it bc of the ceramic coat... i like these alot better

JAYSVT06

Established Member
Im using factory bolts bc there studs n have a notch on them and they cant back out or become loose, also im using ford oem metal gaskets i think there better n will bolt up good to the thich flanges on these pacesetters
these r 3 inch collector as well! and the matchin xpipe is nice

Last edited:

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Been hearing good things about these headers... May have to pick some up! They look like solid headers for the price.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
There is no comparison.

The Pacesetters are better in every way, and even have 3" Collectors.

They also provide the best ground clearance, out of any header available.

I currently run these on my '04...and have had many sets of MAC, BBK etc over the years, trust me, these are the best headers under $800.

I skipped the Armor Coat and did a bronze high-temp coating myself:

IMAG0523.jpg

JAYSVT06

Established Member
There is no comparison.

The Pacesetters are better in every way, and even have 3" Collectors.

They also provide the best ground clearance, out of any header available.

I currently run these on my '04...and have had many sets of MAC, BBK etc over the years, trust me, these are the best headers under $800.

I skipped the Armor Coat and did a bronze high-temp coating myself:

IMAG0523.jpg

What gaskets did u go with?? Any recommendations on install? Lol
Thanks

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I used factory Ford Gaskets. I will never use anything else.

For the "bolts"....I just re-used the factory studs, as that is the best IMO.

I did not use any type of sealant, RTV etc... Just cleaned the surfaces and installed.

jdgt03

Established Member
I put these on my car a few weeks back along with a k member. They look great I only have one complaint, the pass side hits the rear mounting pad for the k member, I trimmed it some but it just barely rubs still. Other than that they fit great and I'm running a c4 with a jw bell housing and from the looks it will come out without having to unbolt the headers. As soon as I finish my tvs and fuel system ill find out what they sound like. Here are some pics.

yqygu6ud.jpg

7ajegejy.jpg

u9apeqeh.jpg

he5ejuzy.jpg

JAYSVT06

Established Member
1 5/8

I will be running these with their o/r x pipe soon.

I put these on my car a few weeks back along with a k member. They look great I only have one complaint, the pass side hits the rear mounting pad for the k member, I trimmed it some but it just barely rubs still. Other than that they fit great and I'm running a c4 with a jw bell housing and from the looks it will come out without having to unbolt the headers. As soon as I finish my tvs and fuel system ill find out what they sound like. Here are some pics.

yqygu6ud.jpg

7ajegejy.jpg

u9apeqeh.jpg

he5ejuzy.jpg

Awesome! Thank u!'
That suxs it hits though on that..

TVSCobra

Established Member
i put these on my car a few weeks back along with a k member. They look great i only have one complaint, the pass side hits the rear mounting pad for the k member, i trimmed it some but it just barely rubs still. Other than that they fit great and i'm running a c4 with a jw bell housing and from the looks it will come out without having to unbolt the headers. As soon as i finish my tvs and fuel system ill find out what they sound like. Here are some pics.

yqygu6ud.jpg

7ajegejy.jpg

u9apeqeh.jpg

he5ejuzy.jpg

nice!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kelly, that bronze coating came out really nice. Anxious to hear how these Pacesetters sound.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Any pics of how 'good' the ground clearance is on these?? They look awesome for the price.

Also do these come in 1 3/4 or 1 7/8?

Last edited:

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
There is a pretty lengthy thread (with install hints) in the exhaust section. I have them, they sound great (although I went from stock to full headers - catback all at once) and I had zero fitment issues with the stock trans.

Users who are viewing this thread