Found my wheels!

txturbogs

Established Member
Looks like I found the perfect wheel for me. Forgeline DE3C concave. They are expansive, but nice!

Anyone running these wheels? I had a set of Forgeline wheels in my Rx-7 and loved them. I would love to hear from any board member with regards to these wheels.

Anyone got any other suggestions for the price? They are around 1,600 a piece....OUCH!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Looks like I found the perfect wheel for me. Forgeline DE3C concave. They are expansive, but nice!

Anyone running these wheels? I had a set of Forgeline wheels in my Rx-7 and loved them. I would love to hear from any board member with regards to these wheels.

Anyone got any other suggestions for the price? They are around 1,600 a piece....OUCH!

Call Van from Revan Racing. He is a dealer and can work with you to get the best price.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think they'll look good!

picture of the wheels please

eurp-1206-01+forgeline-de3c-wheels+cover.jpg

TORQJNKY

That's a nice looking wheel. I'm a big fan of the concave look myself. I've been kicking around wheel ideas for when I get tired of my Alcoa's. I really like the ADV5.0TS and the Modulare C11's. A lot of guys look down on the ADV's because of past business issues, but I had ADV5's on my Z06 and loved them. My dealings with ADV have been nothing but excellent to date.

adv5_0ts-1.gif

ModulareC11-1.gif

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member

Well at 1600 a piece they are still cheaper than STOCK SVT Package wheels.
I like the look of those a lot.:thumbsup:

Slowponycar

Established Member
I am using GA1Rs on mine. Mine weigh less than 22lbs a piece, I am running 19x10 and 19x11s and absolutely love them. The DE3Cs look good as well almost ordered those, but decided on a monoblock wheel. I did order mine through :rockon: Van at Revan Racing. He will help you out on whatever you want with your Forgelines.
photo_zps74c20747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zpsde7af30a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo_zps4de5fcc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Smackiavelli

Established Member
No doubt, the Forgelines are drool-worthy. Granted, the price is like an uppercut to the plums, but if money is not a consideration, why not? The GT500 already turns heads. Bolt the Forgelines on, you might start receiving unsolicited kickbacks from chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Those wheels are an attention-snatching complement to just about any car (well, maybe except for the Zastava Koral 0.9L).

As I wait impatiently for my beast to be built, I’ve been shopping wheels (I’m a dessert before dinner kind of guy). Although these are most often found on Porsches, BMWs, Audis, etc., I like them a lot:

BBS-Wheels-BBS-CH-R-Wheels-BBS-CHR-Wheels-titanium-with-polished-rim-protector.jpg

This is the matte titanium. They also come in black and silver. Not sure yet which color/finish will best suit an SGM/white stripes car, but I'm definitely set on either black or titanium. I am neither proficient at interior nor exterior aesthetics, and may even be mildly color blind. Will the titanium blend too much, or will it add the perfectly subtle wow factor? Or is black the elixir? Opinions/suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
No doubt, the Forgelines are drool-worthy. Granted, the price is like an uppercut to the plums, but if money is not a consideration, why not? The GT500 already turns heads. Bolt the Forgelines on, you might start receiving unsolicited kickbacks from chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Those wheels are an attention-snatching complement to just about any car (well, maybe except for the Zastava Koral 0.9L).

As I wait impatiently for my beast to be built, I’ve been shopping wheels (I’m a dessert before dinner kind of guy). Although these are most often found on Porsches, BMWs, Audis, etc., I like them a lot:

BBS-Wheels-BBS-CH-R-Wheels-BBS-CHR-Wheels-titanium-with-polished-rim-protector.jpg

This is the matte titanium. They also come in black and silver. Not sure yet which color/finish will best suit an SGM/white stripes car, but I'm definitely set on either black or titanium. I am neither proficient at interior nor exterior aesthetics, and may even be mildly color blind. Will the titanium blend too much, or will it add the perfectly subtle wow factor? Or is black the elixir? Opinions/suggestions are welcome.

I don't know what you do for a living, but your linguistics are amazing. Anyway the black will be absolute sex on SGM w/ black and I would do that. However the titanium would be different and likely better on a stripe delete SGM car. I am a fan of themes and flows when it comes to cars.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
That's a nice looking wheel. I'm a big fan of the concave look myself. I've been kicking around wheel ideas for when I get tired of my Alcoa's. I really like the ADV5.0TS and the Modulare C11's. A lot of guys look down on the ADV's because of past business issues, but I had ADV5's on my Z06 and loved them. My dealings with ADV have been nothing but excellent to date.

adv5_0ts-1.gif

ModulareC11-1.gif

Thanks for having me spend a 1/2 hour on their website... Nice stuff. $2,750 PER WHEEL is retarded though

smrtasp

Established Member
I have a SGM stripe delete and keep debating on wheel color. I have a full set of alcoas and a pair for the rear ready to be picked up that was taken out to 11 inches wide. I keep thinking I will run them as is because the stock finish isn't something you can get back once they are powder coated. I was set on gloss black but the finish on the stock svtpp wheels is growing on me.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
I don't know what you do for a living, but your linguistics are amazing. Anyway the black will be absolute sex on SGM w/ black and I would do that. However the titanium would be different and likely better on a stripe delete SGM car. I am a fan of themes and flows when it comes to cars.

'Absolute sex.' That's a descriptive that leaves an impression. It also sounds like something you'd channel surf into on Skinemax at 3 AM. I like it. The imagery is potent enough to render me a blundering yutz if I don't go with black.

Despite my absent deftness at appointing a car with aftermarket accents, I too prefer a clean, streamlined appearance. That's why I'm not above asking the input of those who do own an eye for such things. Appreciate your take. I agree, on an SGM car with black stripes, the black BBS wheels would really complete and complement the look. The conflict arises from my choice of white stripes. I wonder if the titanium wheels would be better matched with the gray-white color combo, and the black wheels perhaps too significant a contrast? Or will--as I mused in my previous post--the titanium wheels blend or be overshadowed (by the white), while the black might act as the perfect counterbalance? I feel a fit of analysis paralysis coming on.

When I peel everything else away, the BBS wheels seem a good compromise. They do not require that you maintain shadow funds in the Cayman Islands to afford them (as do some of the wheels showcased in this thread), yet I think they have a comparatively high bad-ass factor. Once I decide on the color, all will be right in my world.

Thanks again, Devious. For your wisdom and the compliment. As it happens, I make my living in, to filch your word, 'linguistics.'

P.S.: Totally dig your car. You own an especially gorgeous example of the breed.

Users who are viewing this thread