Found Comp orange vert 18,000 miles

dom418

Established Member
Can someone please explain why a certain color like CO brings a premium? I mean when I watch Barrett Jackson or any other auction, the classic cars that bring the money are the highly optioned cars or those with unique options. All terminators are the same, yes some came with darker seats or chrome wheels but that is the extent of the options. You never see a car sell for more simply because of color. A terminator vert is a the same no matter the color. I just don't get the hype I guess. Besides its like mystichrome, sonic blue or yelow, either you love the weird colors or you don't.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
1-72 only comp orange cobra made was in 2004. Very desired people have paid and said they have paid up for a car like this. 3 cobra colors CAN bring in extra money and have mystic chrome, sonic blue ,and comp orange.

LOL and talking about auctions is making u look pretty uneducated right now as someone who was at BJ picture those chevelles that went through any a them ls6 454 4spd build sheet #1 cars BLACK will bring 50k more minimum, BOSS 429 grabber blue is soft so is white RAVEN BLACK---100k more,,,,, ORANGE even GRABBER GREEN,CANDY APPLE would bring more on any proper boss 429, u say u watched the auctions but clearly u did not pay attention watch a green 1967 427 435hp bloomington top flight vette go through then watch the same car in BLK RED BLU ETC. price difference easily 25k plus....... same thing with mopars watch a fathom green, alcota car any model go through then watch a Vitamin C orange B5 blue plum crazy purple, panther pink etc and see the differences...... It all has to do with how many were produced...

another example is that camaro ZL1 in silver that went for over 600k I can sell u a more documented ZL1 in Green right now $495k with out 10% buyer premium. But yet I have a not so documented ORANGE car for $725,000.

The L88 ( one of 119 made) corvette convertible 2 days ago at MENCHIM the yellow with 20k miles brought an insane $610k plus ( only 3 known in yellow yet I have a red a little bit more miles 35k original but perfect documented car that can be bought for $465k

Charger daytona in yellow perfect car $295k sold
same car perfect same auction orange $245k sold.....

Newer cars take an enzo red enzo 2000 miles right now 1.5mil YELLOW 1.575----- BLACK ENZO 1.75mil if your lucky.

A non white lp700 aventaor is bringing $15-25k more any color other then white right now......

next your going to say a 10k mile perfect fox body in white or blk will be sold for same money as reef blue wild strawberry etc

Your clearly not in the car collecting world so next time sit back and watch!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
there is 71 that i know of i parted one out at work. and 1 co coupe

well since u shared technically 70 a lady here in utah had one from new paid 10k over for it had over 55,000 miles on it drove it daily but a pole fell and smashed it and what was left was parted out so officially 1-70 that I can verify left :beer:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
dam man I have got NO clue...... pretty cool u documenting them the car was destroyed around 5 years ago

Comp281

Established Member
Yeah this car has been posted for a while. I wonder if it is actually still available. I'd be surprised since people post on here looking for that exact car and it doesn't take much to find this link.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
well since u shared technically 70 a lady here in utah had one from new paid 10k over for it had over 55,000 miles on it drove it daily but a pole fell and smashed it and what was left was parted out so officially 1-70 that I can verify left :beer:

really?? i thought she got it repaired and had some ghost flames put on it didnt she?

i do remember that car, her name on here was robyn and it was car #88.

edit: the last location i have for that car is union grove, alabama and the svtp username was greymare. i don't think that one was parted out, but i could be wrong...

Last edited:

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Looked at one of these about 2 years ago in Delaware. Was set on getting one but they were asking about the same price as this one and it had some little issues. I wanted it close to perfect for the price. It was a sad drive home. Lol really cool car though. Wish my Saleen vert was this color.

Users who are viewing this thread