Found a much nicer rear bumper diffuser (PIX)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Smaller mirrors would be best.

BTW, I think the black/non-body color painted scoops and spoiler on the CS makes it look like you just bought them from Pep Boys or something. It looks terrible and cheap.

chuckstang

Established Member
Im talking about the Rear diffuser. The rest of the car minus the wheels were fugly as hell.
Is this black plastic all over the gt500 easily paintable? Does it need to be sanded first?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Im talking about the Rear diffuser. The rest of the car minus the wheels were fugly as hell.
Is this black plastic all over the gt500 easily paintable? Does it need to be sanded first?
Not sure of the surface texture but I'm certain it will need to be prepped in some fashion before paint.

Viperluke

Established Member
The black plastic pieces have to be prepped with an adhering agent first. Then primered and painted. Thats how the paint shop did the mirrors on my Saleen. They turned out good.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
chuckstang said:

Oh, I agree about the diffuser. Just commenting on that ugly damn CS...

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Much better looking GT/CS - in yellow too!!!!

2.jpg

Yellow GT/CS

Love the head lights and the fact that they ditched the fake hood scoop and crappy rear spoiler. This car looks much better IMO and would look sweet with chrome 18 inch wheels. :-D

chuckstang

Established Member
huh???- The rear diffuser in the pic I posted is not at all the same.
The GT-CS has the sides painted which gives the allusion of the rear being much lower as well as looking higher quality.
That yellow CS looks awsome!!!

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I bet it is the same piece. The difference is the lower part is painted on the GT/CS and it is black on the GT500.

Tony Alonso

Established Member
03Terminator said:
... the fact that they ditched the fake hood scoop and crappy rear spoiler.

The hood scoop is part of a "GT Appearance Package", which includes the running pony engine cover that was first seen 2 years back. It is optional.

Tony Alonso

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I was talking about the rear diffuser.

Ah, I would agree with you. It is the same piece, just painted differently. As a side note, I hope you are able to order your GT500 and get the price you want. Good luck!

Last edited:

stang22

Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
the GT500 has a couple small differences, IMO they are both eqaully ugly
I disagree! I think they both look better than the last few generations of mustangs,that to me me really don't look good at all!

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
CS versus GT500

I guess the CS could have a rear (fake) fender scoop, but Ford didn't give a shit enough to put a functional brake cooling scoop on the Shelby......along with painted mirrors and a little weight-loss, and larger Shelby badging........What do you expect for a
50,000 dollar car......???? I guess Ford's designers lost their photos and specs on the the 1967 GT500 somewhere in their file system....For a 40 year anniversary edition of the Shelby GT500, Ford left out some of the best styling features of the Shelbys....Please Peter Brock, take over the design dept.........they need a lot of help over there........

stang22

Established Member
1993cobramustan said:
I guess Ford's designers lost their photos and specs on the the 1967 GT500 somewhere in their file system....For a 40 year anniversary edition of the Shelby GT500, Ford left out some of the best styling features of the Shelbys....Please Peter Brock, take over the design dept.........they need a lot of help over there........
Or at least a "Real" Carroll Shelby GT500 version,..not an svt version,....especially in the added exterior items you have mentioned,...along with some 67-68 Shelby type tailights.

Users who are viewing this thread