found a '13 gt500 - need suggestions

mango14

Established Member
I've found a great price on a 13 gt500. After doing some digging, a previous owner hit a curb and had to replace the oem wheels. i'm fairly OCD about having OEM items on a car, but since its a great deal, i still might go for it.

the car now has 20's all around (instead of 19 and 20). will this impact driving in any way? the new rims are stamped with shelby. not sure if knock offs or just a different style.

should i be concerned about frame damage to the car if he hit a curb that hard? any thoughts on the wheels now? do they look ok? cheap?

how will they impact the value? btw carfax is clean.

Tom

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 146
  • rim.jpg
    rim.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 142

CWO AMMO-TECH

Established Member
Just compare the chosen tires against width and height spec of 265 40 19 front and 285 35 20 rear which is what it was engineered for against the 202 mph top speed along with speed rating and special vavle stems which we must assume where used with the new rims. I gave up some speed rating for traction when I chose Nitto tires as a replacement. My opinion no wider than 265 in the front then for the back well that is another topic but I stay with 285 for now. Being a convertible in Red might be something rare, don't know. Danny

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Have an alignment inspection performed during your pre buy inspection. Sometimes times a wheel and tire will absorb the impact and damage when curbed and not mess up the alignment. Sometimes not, so have it checked. If the alignment is damaged, the steering wheel will be abnormally off center and or will have an obvious pull one way or another.

As for value, not much if at all. They are special cars, but a base (if its a base) convertible wont have its value affected by non oem wheels. Unless Shelby signed the dash or something I wouldn't worry about it.

If its not a Performance Pack convertible, you would have had base wheels. Like these that are for sale by a reputable guy here on the forums:

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...14-gt500-base-rims-19x9-5-f-20x9-5-r.1152555/

Its not going to drive terribly. In fact side by side would wouldn't notice a thing on the street unless the front wheel wasn't properly sized (back spacing, offset etc).

Get the car and if you want OEM correct wheels contact the seller in the link. If it was a PP car then you may need to keep searching but take off Shelby wheels are rather common in our market place.

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member
Those look like shelby Venice wheels which are not knock offs. There are stock 13/14 wheels for sale all over the forum good luck with your decision

mango14

Established Member
Thanks for the info everyone - i think i'm going to move forward with it (inspection as well).

Looks like i'm able to get it for 38900.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Check for bent axle.
Sounds god damn crazy I know but last car I owned got ran off road rim got replaced. Axle was bent, drove fine. I put on 500mi new owner bought test drive the hole deal. Drove it probably another 2000mi.
Brake started squeaking. Rreplaced pads. Still squeaked. Mechanics then found the bent axle.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I wouldnt worry about the factory rims. If the car is clean and checks out you can always find a set of take off rims in the classifieds, as mentioned above they're pretty easy to find.

mango14

Established Member
Had a 3rd party inspection done today. Sales guy refused to hand over alignment sheet to tech doing the inspection. Tech said driver door doesnt close perfect, master cylinder is black, and when you turn to the right, the rear axle makes noise. Looks like i'm not joining the club just yet....

Users who are viewing this thread