• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Forums

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Weather Man, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

@rich5150 might have a Corral story for you.

We tested those a decade ago. The difference easily fall in the margin of error for dyno equipment:

RedVenom48 and cidsamuth like this.
  2. SecondhandSnake

SecondhandSnake Well-Known Member Established Member

And yet a lot of these forums are trying to be FB. Not because people like FB, but because they know that format is designed for maximizing profit. Look at the hot garbage features they've mimicked: the ads injected everywhere, the sponsored content/links shoehorned in posts/threads, the endless scroll into other threads, the likes, the hashtags. I can't stand them much more than FB.

And I agree, social media isn't for tech info, how-tos, or builds. It's for flexing your latest purchase or battling about stupid questions like what oil to use.

3. Captain Beyond

Captain Beyond Well-Known Member Established Member

That’s why I mentioned it...lol

4. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

I hate that, when I ran into that the first time, I was like what the **** is going on.

5. 5.0 Hatch

5.0 Hatch Active Member Established Member

I really dislike everyone moving to FB to sell their stuff. I can't find anything and feel like the stuff I am able to see is only because FB wants me to see it based on something else I looked at in the past. If I do somehow find something I'm interested in, 7 out of 10 times I can't find it at a later date. Maybe I'm just old...

[email protected] and ajaf1656 like this.
  6. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

YB splitting into multiple forums as I watch. The Canucks are cracking down and the natives aren't taking it well.

7. SID297

Invite them over.

8. Weather Man

Well, LOL, it is breaking up because they can't use the colorful language they are used to using. And truth be told, I have about as many hard core nasty race baiters as dumb ass lefty spammers on ignore over there.

The ones you would want are already on here would be my guess.

9. SID297

Probably so.

10. ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN Well-Known Member Established Member

Never had social media, never will. My daily go to, for tech and commentary, is right here...

11. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Premium Member Established Member

Ive talked to you and our mutual friends about joining Facebook just simply for the car content, tech and classifieds.
    Still, I just return to not wanting another large distraction like Social medial and knowing if I started on FB it would likely snowball.
    Either way, I’ve been on SVTP for going on 20yrs and it’s been my car forum staple.
    Genuine thanks to Travis and all involved.
    I also predict there will be a reversal of those from FB back to quality forums (the few that remain).
    -J

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.
  12. delvin.a

delvin.a Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Man I have the same want, I was wanting post my new S351 build but I’m not sure where to on svtp.

13. delvin.a

delvin.a Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I find Corral tech to be fantastic, indy2000 has an insane amount of knowledge on Ford eec systems that he freely hands out IF you are willing to troubleshoot. Load up the parts cannon and prepare to be pooped on, rightly so imo.