Fort Myers Area Speed / tuning / repair Shop needed

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Can anyone recommend a good shop to bring my 04 cobra to. It is not running right so I want to bring it to someone I can trust. My previous mechanic HP By Hermann has moved out of the area some time ago and I need some tuning/maintenance work performed.
Your help is greatly appreciated

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't think there's much down there anymore. Only one I know that I've heard good about in the general area is Keastie up in Sarasota.
What's wrong with it?

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
It had a mis under hard acceleration. Idle fluxuates at times. After it is warm it doesnt start up easily and I am burning a tremendous amount of gas. I haven't been driving it for the last couple of months but the last time i filled up, it was empty in less than 125 miles so like 8 miles to the gallon and that was mostly highway. I have always gotten 14 - 15 unless of course standing on the go pedal. Even then I would get 12 or better.

I brought it into a local reputable car mechanic who changed a sticking injector which took care of the hard acceleration mis and also replaced the MAF which is what I think is the problem. I am not going back to them. I wish HP BY HERMANN was still in the Tampa area. He is the only one who has worked on all my mods and I never had any issues. I just may need to have it towed to Maryland. LOL. Can you tell me more about Keastle?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I had a similar issue just not long ago. Turned out to be old gas that had been in the tank for over 6 months. A fresh fill up and some injector cleaner took care of it. Might wanna check for a vac leak and check the plugs. All I know is what I've read on here, and I believe the owner posts in the 11-14 section. What kind of MAF did he install?

305oh

Established Member
A lot of people go to NUR...but OP is the newest shop around^. Check it out, otherwise you have to go to sarasota or miami...

Users who are viewing this thread