Formula 1 V6 turbo

steeltoe

Established Member
but if Williams moves up Susie Wolff next year because McLaren drops Button how does that help Williams? unless Bottas goes to McLaren then Wolff can take his seat. I really don't see McLaren having 2 young drivers like Bottas and Magnusson, not much experience between the 2.

Sorry I miss read your post they won't move her up if Button gets dropped by McLaren.

chao5.0

Established Member
its alright, I thought there was some inside sharing going on between McLaren and Williams that I didn't know about, you know how McLaren can be behind the scenes.

Msteers

Established Member
Will never happen.

Uhhh, no. I highly doubt he's going back to that dysfunctional team.

Even if McLaren does drop Button they aren't going to get Alonso.

Lotus isn't a second tier constructor they maybe at the bottom of top tier constructors but they are still a top team. I think Alonso would go to Lotus after all that team has a bit of meaning to him.

Looks like McLaren signed him today... Strike me down F1 gods.

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
well Honda does want Alonso so they may have signed him, I'll wait for conformation but I wouldn't be surprised, Honda wants a top tier driver representing them and its either going to be Hamilton, Alonso, or Vettel.

steeltoe

Established Member
I just don't see Seb leaving Red Bull.

I am curious as to how Ferrari is going to fix there chassis issues for 2015.

chao5.0

Established Member
Ferrari is cleaning house right now so I expect a completely new car next year, hell they got rid of the president of the company that Enzo appointed. if they can't keep Alonso though they are going to be behind again because he is the only reason they are even being mentioned in most races this year, Kimi is struggling with the current car.

chao5.0

Established Member
I couldn't believe what I heard this weekend when they announced Seb was leaving RBR and going to Ferrari. why leave a contender and go to a struggling team? maybe he is trying to do what Schumacher did, curious to see where Alonso ends up, looks like Honda will gets its wish and have him driving the Honda/McLaren next season since they are the only other team that car really afford him.

Users who are viewing this thread