Former Cobra Owner Looking at a Hellcat

dsm2cobra

Established Member
Sold my liquid cooled 2.8 KB last spring to pay off some bills. Car was a DSG with 5400 miles, mint and put down 691 to the tire. Looking to pick up a new car next summer. I was sold on the 6G Camaro but the more I look at them the uglier they get. Any current or former Cobra owners who have or switched to a Hellcat that can provide any comparisons to the Cobra or feed back would be much appreciated?

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I like them fatcat . They hold there value really well like the cobra . It would be nice to have . If I have the moneys I would do it too .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here are some examples of what you can expect to pay. Higher mileage HCs will be priced a couple of thousand lower, of course, but it is very common to see very low mileage ones for sale. Apparently a lot of/most owners don't daily drive them. IMO the Hellcat is an excellent purchase if you can afford it.
Black with only 5,594 miles for $52,450.
Red with 3,295 miles for $52,199.
Red with 25,742 miles for $48,750.
Gray with 21,462 miles for $47,799.
Blue with 8,400 miles for $52,925.
White with 1,795 miles for $53,900.

Here's the CarGurus link.
Used Dodge Challenger For Sale - CarGurus

whtwhale

Established Member
You can't go faster for the money than a Hellcat. With the numbers they sold, coupled with how little they are driven they are a great deal. The 6G camaro handles great though. Yeah it looks like butt and the visibility is a crime but it drove how I imagined a car should drive.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
First you have to ask yourself what you actually want to do with the car.

Do you want a 900 hp car to sit in your garage and use it once a year or do you want to have something that enjoyable and doesn't require a ton of extra time or money if something breaks.

Nothing is cheap anymore and you're literally going to get what you pay for.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Dint we all do that to our cobra now aday ? Drive 1 a years lol

First you have to ask yourself what you actually want to do with the car.

Do you want a 900 hp car to sit in your garage and use it once a year or do you want to have something that enjoyable and doesn't require a ton of extra time or money if something breaks.

Nothing is cheap anymore and you're literally going to get what you pay for.

Curt@injected

Personally I love the hellcats. In some ways they remind me of the terminators because of the torque and how easy they are to mod. I used to own a cobra as well.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Dint we all do that to our cobra now aday ? Drive 1 a years lol

lol yep, but when I bought my car I had full intentions of driving it all the time, and I did. Now it's just a garage queen that I race every once in a while

1badsvtcobra

Established Member
Sold my liquid cooled 2.8 KB last spring to pay off some bills. Car was a DSG with 5400 miles, mint and put down 691 to the tire. Looking to pick up a new car next summer. I was sold on the 6G Camaro but the more I look at them the uglier they get. Any current or former Cobra owners who have or switched to a Hellcat that can provide any comparisons to the Cobra or feed back would be much appreciated?
Hi there, I'm a former 2017 HC owner had it for 3 months and sold it, bought a CTS-V couldn't have been happier, it was like going from a terrible marriage to the love of my life, dam car couldin't do anything, took it drag racing - it sucked (spin spin spin), took it roll racing - it sucked (spin spin spin), I'm not even gonna mention the horrible handling, the only thing it could do was burnout, like the announcers at Hot rod drag week said its the "Ultimate factory burnout machine" and if you put a set of stickie wheels the driveshaft breaks, its just no good in my opinion. buy the Cobra back or get a GM ;)

Users who are viewing this thread