forged block

Fourcam330

Established Member
jojotireman said:
[modularfordpowerhouse builds some kick ass cars and Tim is a awesome tuner from what i have seen but i dont see the power coming from the motors. more or less the tune

OMG, dont see the power from the motors, WTF, 600RWHP on stock heads and stock intake, GI Joes car, BC's TT Car, Micheal Kidds old car won king of the street in this months 5.0 Mag, numerouse 600RWHP street cars and they havent lost a stock block to boost yet. I dont think it gets better than that. I had my motor built there last november and the first time at the track I snap both axles, Wheres the Torque :bash: Theres the power do you see it now :loser:

Wow, a 600rwhp blower car... :sleeping:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Are you talking about "CobraKiller" Tim? If so, I do know of him and agree he does quality work. I have absolutely nothing against him, but at the same time putting him in the same class as the other two is getting a little ahead of yourself.
If it is in fact the same Tim, I have no problem believing that he'll be around in a year, that I will admit. :beer:

Last edited:

Schnitz

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
He's wrenched on everything from F1 motors, alcohol funny cars, and ultra rare exotics to work vans.

If he wrenched on those motors why in god's name isn't he doing it now? An F1 mechanic gets paid alot more than any other mechanic in the world and they are at the forefront of technology. Doesn't make any sense. Please provide info on which F1 racecar he worked on.

Fourcam330 said:
Have you torn down one of Al's motors and performed a side by side comparison, or perhaps conducted some other kind of valid comparison? :nono: To make such a frivolous claim is not only unrealistic, it's flat out dumb.

Have you torn down the engines and done a side by side comparison? Seeng as you didn't mention that you have, who's making the 'frivolous and dumb claim' now?

Facts are facts. N/A motors don't make good street cars. Mileage and driveablility are adversely affected. I know this because i have owned 500 hp n/a and blower cars. Forced induction is the way of the future. It wasn't as good an option for street cars 10 years ago becuase of the lack of technology for tuning. Get on board or get left in the dust.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Schnitz said:
If he wrenched on those motors why in god's name isn't he doing it now? An F1 mechanic gets paid alot more than any other mechanic in the world and they are at the forefront of technology. Doesn't make any sense. Please provide info on which F1 racecar he worked on.

He's actually worked on several ex F1 cars, as he's paid to maintain them since the new owner enjoys driving them on his private 1.5 mile course. I didn't mean to infer that he worked on a currently running car/team. After riding/building 6 second pro stock bikes for the past 15 years, Al decided to hang it up with regard to ultrafast bikes at the age of 40. Can you blame him?
If you really want the name of the owner of said cars, NP. Shoot me a PM.

Have you torn down the engines and done a side by side comparison? Seeng as you didn't mention that you have, who's making the 'frivolous and dumb claim' now?

Don't have to. As I said before, to be the best you need to beat the best, and so far they haven't. That's the first step.

Facts are facts. N/A motors don't make good street cars. Mileage and driveablility are adversely affected. I know this because i have owned 500 hp n/a and blower cars. Forced induction is the way of the future. It wasn't as good an option for street cars 10 years ago becuase of the lack of technology for tuning. Get on board or get left in the dust.

Are you smoking crack? My N/A 5.5L as streetable as any 550rwhp blower 4.6 you're ever going to find. 360rwtq from 2500-7500rpm, peaking at 440rwtq+ @ 5000rpm. Last year at 3450lbs and only 525rwhp Al ran 10.2@134+, this season with more power he'll be running at least 9.8s@~140 at 3200lbs. Just because there aren't enough knowledgable builders around to assemble successful N/A combos doesn't mean making power out of thin air is obsolete. Forced induction is the easy way to make power, but on an open track car (like my 98) I'll take N/A over blower ANY day.
If you're anywhere near Norwalk, OH I invite you to come to Smackdown @ NRP, Sat. October 22nd from 9am-5pm. I'll have no problem dragging you and your blower down the track with said power and 3200lbs:beer:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
twinturbocobra said:
Heads/cams, compression, turbos, timing, intakes, if that isn't too much to ask :)

GT heads, custom grind Crower billet cams, both are using GT lowers/ICs and custom uppers, custom CP pistons, Oliver billet rods, stock forged cranks. As for turbos, one is running twin 57s, the other twin 76s.
I can't comment on final C/R, but it's somewhere around 9:1.

twinturbocobra

Established Member
Dang, twin T76's on a 330" motor! Is the twin 76 car still a street car? I don't mean daily driver or anything, but still hitting the street on occasion? Do you know how much boost the twin 57 car took to break 900 RWHP?

F8LBite04

I break for your Mom
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You won't find better Modular engine builders than Al Papitto (www.boss330racing.com) or Modular Performance (www.modularperformance.com). They both charge $350-400 in labor to assemble a shortblock, the rest is parts, and balancing the rotating assembly.
Whatever you do stay the hell away from bulk shortblock suppliers like DSS, CHP, etc. You may save a couple of hundred intially, but that will pale in comparison to them laughing at you when you try to return the pile of shit in a matter of weeks.

I had a dss 306 (5.0) and it was great never had one problem with it was n/a with an e-303 cam and cobra intake dss internals and made good power a typical all motor build up performed perfectly also my friend has a 306 made by dss with no problems and he has close to 56k on the motor....I was wondering have you had first hand experience with dss or just hear say? I dont want this to sound like I am starting any thing I was just curious to hear other peoples feelings on dss

Fourcam330

Established Member
twinturbocobra said:
Dang, twin T76's on a 330" motor! Is the twin 76 car still a street car? I don't mean daily driver or anything, but still hitting the street on occasion? Do you know how much boost the twin 57 car took to break 900 RWHP?

Yes, they're both street cars. The 900rwhp version is dropping into a 2800lbs Pantera built specifically to take other people's $ on the highway :D For boost, all I can say as of yet, is well under 15psi.

Fourcam330

Established Member
F8LBite04 said:
I had a dss 306 (5.0) and it was great never had one problem with it was n/a with an e-303 cam and cobra intake dss internals and made good power a typical all motor build up performed perfectly also my friend has a 306 made by dss with no problems and he has close to 56k on the motor....I was wondering have you had first hand experience with dss or just hear say? I dont want this to sound like I am starting any thing I was just curious to hear other peoples feelings on dss

See post #29 by me for clarification, I said with regard to Modulars only. Some of the most common problems with bulk engine suppliers like those listed, can be traced back to poor ring setup (they set up all applications with the same clearances, which is NOT how you build a Modular) and cheap/insufficient balance jobs. That's why I say that saving a couple hundred up front could cost you thousands more later--when you have to do everything over again.

Last edited:

collibr1

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
He's actually worked on several ex F1 cars, I didn't mean to infer that he worked on a currently running car/team. After riding/building 6 second pro stock bikes for the past 15 years, Al decided to hang it up with regard to ultrafast bikes at the age of 40. Can you blame him?
If you really want I can find out the name of the owner of said cars, NP. Shoot me a PM.

Don't have to. As I said before, to be the best you need to beat the best, and so far they haven't. That's the first step.

Are you smoking crack? My N/A 5.5L as streetable than any 550rwhp blower 4.6 you're ever going to find. 360rwtq from 2500-7500rpm, peaking at 440rwtq+ @ 5000rpm. Last year at 3450lbs and only 525rwhp he ran 10.2@134+, this season with more power Al's going to be running 9s@~140 at 3200lbs. Just because there aren't enough knowledgable builders around to assemble successful N/A combos doesn't mean making power out of thin air is obsolete. Forced induction is the easy way to make power, but on an open track car (like my 98) I'll take N/A over blower ANY day.
If you're anywhere near Norwalk, OH I invite you to come to Smackdown @ NRP, Sat. October 22nd from 9am-5pm. I'll have no problem dragging you and your blower down the track with said power and 3200lbs:beer:

I could have a field day with several of your last posts, but it’s not even worth the time. In the end the gentlemen initially asked about a TT setup. If it were my money I would go to Modular Powerhouse, if it were your money you’d go to Al Papitto. It’s still just a matter of opinion plain and simple.

I am done with this thread.

Fourcam330

Established Member
collibr1 said:
I could have a field day with several of your last posts, but it’s not even worth the time. In the end the gentlemen initially asked about a TT setup. If it were my money I would go to Modular Powerhouse, if it were your money you’d go to Al Papitto. It’s still just a matter of opinion plain and simple.

I am done with this thread.

Judging by the R.C./W. skills you've shown so far, I highly doubt that. :thumbsup: Regarding it being a matter of opinion, you're right, it's just that; however as with engine builders, not all opinions are created equal. One need only go back and read through our posts, or do their own research, to figure that out :beer:

Last edited:

Schnitz

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Are you smoking crack? My N/A 5.5L as streetable as any 550rwhp blower 4.6 you're ever going to find. 360rwtq from 2500-7500rpm, peaking at 440rwtq+ @ 5000rpm. Last year at 3450lbs and only 525rwhp Al ran 10.2@134+, this season with more power he'll be running at least 9.8s@~140 at 3200lbs. Just because there aren't enough knowledgable builders around to assemble successful N/A combos doesn't mean making power out of thin air is obsolete. Forced induction is the easy way to make power, but on an open track car (like my 98) I'll take N/A over blower ANY day.

So do you measure your mileage by mile per gallon or gallon per mile. I know for a fact you couldn't come close to 28 mpg on the highway. That's what makes a street car - driveablility. Not manual steering, non-A/C. Sure it might have working signal lights, but that does not make it a street car. As I said I have owned an 11 sec. full weight, a/c, etc.. N/A car and I would never even think of going that route again.
As you said you have not torn down each motor side by side so you're as ignorant to the facts.
And for your invitation, it's keyboard tough guys like you that have brought this board to the pile of crap it's turned into.

Also, I know for a fact as well that Modular Powerhouse builds great motors. That's what I have in mine. :rockon:

Last edited:

00PONY

Native Texan
Established Member
UHHHH....... not to bust your bubbles fellas. BUT the best engine builder in the world is ME!!!!!
I just cant figure out where these "ring" thingys go??? Oh well.
:p

Fourcam330

Established Member
Schnitz said:
So do you measure your mileage by mile per gallon or gallon per mile. I know for a fact you couldn't come close to 28 mpg on the highway. That's what makes a street car - driveablility. Not manual steering, non-A/C. Sure it might have working signal lights, but that does not make it a street car. As I said I have owned an 11 sec. full weight, a/c, etc.. N/A car and I would never even think of going that route again.
As you said you have not torn down each motor side by side so you're as ignorant to the facts.
And for your invitation, it's keyboard tough guys like you that have brought this board to the pile of crap it's turned into.

Also, I know for a fact as well that Modular Powerhouse builds great motors. That's what I have in mine. :rockon:

Personally, I could care less about fuel economy as the car isn't my daily driver, though it could be if I had Donald Trumps CC. My motor runs on VP 110 @ ~$4.50 per gallon, as do most 9 second forced induction cars. Besides, I can't ever keep my foot out of the gas long enough to do an accurate fuel consumption test. I have power steering and AC, as well as a back seat. A duplicate motor (actually about 15-25rwhp less than mine) ran [email protected] at 200lbs more. I'm talking about what would equate to a high 9 second N/A car on the highway--with OT suspension there's no prayer of launching at the strip on slicks--with a trap in the 136-138 range. How would a high 9 second blower motor stack up, with regard to fuel consumption, I'd wager it would be about the same. Somewhere in the mid to high teens on the highway, with 4.56s and a .62 OD. Regarding reliability/durability, there's no comparison, N/A wins hands down.
LOL, all I did was invite you/your superior forced induction motor to the track. Regarding Smackdown at Norwalk, Dr. Jamie Meyer and I will be there doing event/car coverage for 5.0&SFs (there's a 2v/4v N/A, P/A Shootout this year). We don't have to race, but you would thank me if you came. The October air in NE OH is usually of mineshaft composition, factor in a fully prepped NRP (one of the nicest facilities/tracks in the country) and unlimited runs from 9am-5pm and you can see why so many people are going to set record ETs there.
Finally, you should revisit "fact" in the dictionary :beer:

edit: I just noticed you have 9 posts and are accusing me of making this board into a pile of crap? LOL, I actually just switched my screen name and reset my post count a few months ago, having originally registered on this site more than 1.5-2 years ago :poke:

Last edited:

twinturbocobra

Established Member
haha, we can't agree on anything!

I personally think an FI car is more streetable. I helped out my friend with his 01 Cobra, manley rods/CP pistons, ported heads, stock cams, GT76-DBB, solid axle and a T56, made a couple pump gas runs at the track but got booted for going over 135 MPH without a full cage, and he was going 10-teen's on 17" MT radials. I just think a car that will idle like glass at 750 RPM's all day long, run with ultra-quiet exhaust, knock down 135 MPH traps, run pump gas all day long, and still get 20+ MPG on the highway is more civilized than a rougher driving N/A car. Not to say your car isn't a street car, because at modest compression that takes 110 octane gas, with power steering, A/C, an overdrive trans, and a back seat it is a lot more of a street car than a lot of things, but I just feel a power adder car makes a nicer street car :)

Fourcam330

Established Member
twinturbocobra said:
haha, we can't agree on anything!

I personally think an FI car is more streetable. I helped out my friend with his 01 Cobra, manley rods/CP pistons, ported heads, stock cams, GT76-DBB, solid axle and a T56, made a couple pump gas runs at the track but got booted for going over 135 MPH without a full cage, and he was going 10-teen's on 17" MT radials. I just think a car that will idle like glass at 750 RPM's all day long, run with ultra-quiet exhaust, knock down 135 MPH traps, run pump gas all day long, and still get 20+ MPG on the highway is more civilized than a rougher driving N/A car. Not to say your car isn't a street car, because at modest compression that takes 110 octane gas, with power steering, A/C, an overdrive trans, and a back seat it is a lot more of a street car than a lot of things, but I just feel a power adder car makes a nicer street car :)

I'm a big fan of turbos actually :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread