Fore return setup , opinions and questions , help !

rudycobra

Established Member
Yes I saw that wen read your post just not sure how to do that with my controller . I'm gonna call fore later . But I'm still lost even if wanted use pin 9 my plug doesn't have anything in that spot unless I'm looking at wrong pin diagram ?
qevu4uhu.jpg

rudycobra

Established Member
Talked to fore earlier and Justin said to remove fpdm wire the remote wire to the green and yellow wire from the harness . He said to keep fpdm wire it to the brown and pink wire but fuel pump duty cycle has to b set to 90% or so . He says either way pumps will work as did stock with priming n all . In gonna hook it to green / yellow few mins see wat happens .

rudycobra

Established Member
I tried the other way with the brown and pink wire with same result . I hooked it back to the green and will have to leave it that way for now .

black 10th vert

Established Member
I tried the other way with the brown and pink wire with same result . I hooked it back to the green and will have to leave it that way for now .

That really sucks! Hopefully Malcolm can figure out what Fore did internally on that module to get you straightened out because it sounds like they steered you in the wrong direction at Fore. I'm still trying to figure out what the actual benefit of spending $200 on this fancy billet block is when it doesn't stage the pumps, or even set them up to run like stock. It appears that all it does it make it a bit simpler for people not comfortable with wiring to hook relays to their pumps.

rudycobra

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure about it . But I know with box I can use a Hobbs switch to trigger the second pump . That's wat remote 2 is for on box . I will do that later just need Hobbs switch .

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure about it . But I know with box I can use a Hobbs switch to trigger the second pump . That's wat remote 2 is for on box . I will do that later just need Hobbs switch .

You don't need a wiring box to use a HOBs switch. Anyone can just wire in a HOBs. You just simply interrupt the circuit to one of the pumps relay with it.

I noticed you are going by wire colors instead of pins which makes it a little more challenging since there's no guarantee we have identical wire colors in the same pins but along those lines you mentioned a brown with pink wire. That sounds like pin 10 of the FPDM. That's the positive wire for activating the relay. The other end of the relay cannot go to normal chassis ground. You must ground it with pin 3 on the FPDM which is red with black wire.

If you like take those two pins, 10 & 3 and hook them to a volt meter. Turn on your key and you'll see voltage and then fall to none. Simulating how pumps would prime and then turn off. This tells you that you have the correct two wires.
Now using only those two wires try various configurations of connecting it to your relay and turn the key on. See if you can hear the relay click and then click back off a second later. Once you do the ECU should be controlling the relay.
NOTE: when performing those tests I'd recommend you remove other wiring from that block so you don't accidentally cause a short circuit between circuits since you're not really sure how that box is wired internally.

Last edited:

rudycobra

Established Member
Do u have a pin lay out Malcolm ?? The I keep looking at does not make sence to me because doesn't match wat I have unless I'm looking at it wrong

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Do u have a pin lay out Malcolm ?? The I keep looking at does not make sence to me because doesn't match wat I have unless I'm looking at it wrong

The one I have looks just like what you posted above. Try looking at both the harness plug and the FPDM itself. One would be a mirror image of the other. I seem to recall the diagram references the actual FPDM itself so when you have the harness off with the wires it's going to be mirrored or wrong way around if that makes sense. Sorry I don't have one right in front of me to confirm exactly.

rudycobra

Established Member
I just don't know how'd I'd use more than one of fpdm wires . Box has 4 awg power and a 4 awg ground . Then one remote spot to tell wen to come on

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I just don't know how'd I'd use more than one of fpdm wires . Box has 4 awg power and a 4 awg ground . Then one remote spot to tell wen to come on

That goes back to my original post further back saying you need to see how it's wired inside and if you need to use "remote" and "ground" or how you'd get that relay to trigger. I don't know how Fore wired up those pins internally.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Thinkin about getting that Fore pump controller. How do those that have it, like it? Also curious on how to configure a twin pump setup to where one pump runs all the time but the second comes on during boost. Any ideas?

rudycobra

Established Member
Thinkin about getting that Fore pump controller. How do those that have it, like it? Also curious on how to configure a twin pump setup to where one pump runs all the time but the second comes on during boost. Any ideas?

I love it so far . Still haven't gotten pumps to prime like factory then shut off though . Fore swears they should . But the wiring is very simple . 1 remote wire ties into one wire from fpdm and if want second remote u use a Hobbs switch to trigger the second pump .

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
my regulator is mounted on the back of the drivers side strut tower,sorry,no pics.To me it looks cleaner than mounting on the engine or rail.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I love it so far . Still haven't gotten pumps to prime like factory then shut off though . Fore swears they should . But the wiring is very simple . 1 remote wire ties into one wire from fpdm and if want second remote u use a Hobbs switch to trigger the second pump .

Awesome, so will this controller eliminate the FPDM's completly? Also is anyone else using a Hobbs switch? Didn't know this switch existed but looks very simple.

Users who are viewing this thread