FORE IRS Cover vs BF IRS Brace

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Title pretty much says it all..does anyone have any input on the FORE piece? it's another 300 bucks vs the cost of the BF brace, but it's a standalone piece. I've heard the brace is good for upwards of 900-1000 rwhp. I'm not going to be launching my car that hard, I just want some added protection. Either way, I'll be having the housing resealed.
Thanks,

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
No first hand experience, but the FORE piece looks like the best solution.

cobracide

Established Member
LPW Differential Cover - Pretty hefty piece.. I don't see it breaking for anything.

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
I saw the Fore this weekend and it makes the LPW look like crap. The Fore looks 100 times stronger but it is more expensive. I will be ditching my Steeda brace and going with the Berry Brace myself.

qwikhuh

Established Member
The Fore piece is an absolute work of art. Unlike all the other covers it is made out of one chunk of billet and looks to be virtually indestructible. As soon as I pull my rear to refresh it this winter I will be going with the Fore cover.

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Man oh man.... Why do people consistently not even consider the LPW cover as an option? The LPW is an awesome cover that will not break! LPW have been making performance covers for ~20 years so they know what they are doing. It runs for about $210 so it's less than half the price of the Fore. If you are a road racer and will actually make use of the differential cooler ports than I could understand someone buying the Fore, but if you aren't using those.........

Whenever the LPW gets mentioned on these forums people always shrug it off and say "ehh, the FORE is stronger/better..". I'm not saying the Fore isn't the best available, but the LPW is also VERY STRONG and will not break, so you have to justify the added cost of the Fore.

The LPW really is a great piece and at such a low cost the BF IRS brace imo has been made obsolete. Right now I run the BF brace and if I ever have to tear into my IRS for any reason, I will be getting an LPW cover.

1c1a_1.JPG

257a_1.JPG

stangliter04

Established Member
I just bought the LPW one also. Looks to be really strong and I think around $200 cheaper then the FORE piece...

*FORE piece does look like pure sex though ;)

GodStang

Established Member
Man oh man.... Why do people consistently not even consider the LPW cover as an option? The LPW is an awesome cover that will not break! LPW have been making performance covers for ~20 years so they know what they are doing. It runs for about $210 so it's less than half the price of the Fore. If you are a road racer and will actually make use of the differential cooler ports than I could understand someone buying the Fore, but if you aren't using those.........

Whenever the LPW gets mentioned on these forums people always shrug it off and say "ehh, the FORE is stronger/better..". I'm not saying the Fore isn't the best available, but the LPW is also VERY STRONG and will not break, so you have to justify the added cost of the Fore.

The LPW really is a great piece and at such a low cost the BF IRS brace imo has been made obsolete. Right now I run the BF brace and if I ever have to tear into my IRS for any reason, I will be getting an LPW cover.

1c1a_1.JPG

257a_1.JPG

How do you know it will not break? I have seem many just like them broken. That sounds like a challange. I am known for breaking the unbreakable...

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
My stock rear cover w/BF brace is leaking again! This is the 3rd time! I just dropped the whole IRS and installed full tilt boogies full bushing kit and should have replaced the rear girdle cover when it was out. I thought that the bushing kit would have resolved the leaky girdle problem but as you can see it didn't....and that is just on the street w/nitto DR's. I don't even drive the car that hard. Just an occasional romping here and there so I don't think to highly of the BF piece....although I have seen plenty of people w/it and zero issues. Well, next step new rear girdle cover. I really like the rtv free o-ring seal that Fore has integrated. I am on the fence whether to buy the LFP or the FORE piece??:shrug:

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
in my opinion if the rear is fine just get the bf brace, but if you broke your stock cover b/c you dont have a brace get the fiore or lpw.

black 10th vert

Established Member
in my opinion if the rear is fine just get the bf brace, but if you broke your stock cover b/c you dont have a brace get the fiore or lpw.

I agree with this! I already have a BF brace (came brand new, uninstalled with my car), so I'll use it, but if I was buying from scratch, or had to replace a cracked one, then there is no question which way I'd go!

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
My stock rear cover w/BF brace is leaking again! This is the 3rd time! I just dropped the whole IRS and installed full tilt boogies full bushing kit and should have replaced the rear girdle cover when it was out. I thought that the bushing kit would have resolved the leaky girdle problem but as you can see it didn't....and that is just on the street w/nitto DR's. I don't even drive the car that hard. Just an occasional romping here and there so I don't think to highly of the BF piece....although I have seen plenty of people w/it and zero issues. Well, next step new rear girdle cover. I really like the rtv free o-ring seal that Fore has integrated. I am on the fence whether to buy the LFP or the FORE piece??:shrug:

Wow finally i see someone who drop there diff resealed it and with the BF brace installed is still leaking. Doug from billet flow shot me down by saying "over 3000 Irs Braces with ZERO failures" when i metioned in this thread irs brace and track passes plus there are others who have also reported cracked covers with the bullet proof BF brace installed.

Now that i got my little rant out of the way i too love the look of the Fore Precision Diff cover but $449 is a bit much. So I am going with the LPW due to my new minor leaky diff cover problem. I'm just not feeling the $300 just to drop my damn IRS but i guess you have to pay to play!!!

Last edited:

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
UPS just dropped off my LPW IRS diff cover but i'm wondering is the breather tube attached to the stock diff cover reusable on the new diff cover??

vertigyn

Established Member
Wow finally i see someone who drop there diff resealed it and with the BF brace installed is still leaking. Doug from billet flow shot me down by saying "over 3000 Irs Braces with ZERO failures" when i metioned in this thread irs brace and track passes plus there are others who have also reported cracked covers with the bullet proof BF brace installed.

Well, you can add me to that list now too. I admit, I beat the piss out of my car and thought the IRS should be bullet proof after these mods: bruce's full bushing kit, truetrac differential, BF brace, L5 half shafts, MM sport coil overs. I don't drag race but I do autoX and look for any excuse to beat on the car that I can find.

Well, needless to say, backing the car out of the garage today there was a large puddle of stinky diff fluid under my differential. Will be trailering the car to the shop tomorrow to see what the real issue is - cracked piece? broken seal? who knows...

I may be ditching my BF brace and looking into this LPW or FORE piece real soon...

Users who are viewing this thread