Fore innovations fuel system problems

M240Bravo

Established Member
Got the hat and lines in fine but don't know why wire to pull from the FPDM. Also the vacuum thing that goes in your vacuum/boost line, don't know where/what line to plug it into.

Any help would be nice. All I got from fore was a pic of how to do the lines and how to set up fuel pumps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237

TRBO VNM

Go to the part store or a plumbing supply place. You need a brass fitting, female npt thread on one side and barb on other side. Behind glove box is your stock boost line with a plastic coupler. remove that coupler and put in a plastic Tee and some vac hose. Basically, tap into that location for boost source for the hobbs switch. Make sense? And zip tie everything.

You should have a small roll of wire with ring terminals on one end. That connects to that hobbs switch. Doesn't matter the side/color. Then run it back to where you have the FC3 controller. Again, doesn't matter which wire you use, but one of those 2 wires goes to the trigger 1, so you will have 2 wires in the pump 1 trigger location. The other wire from the switch goes to pump 2 trigger. That's it.

So one side of the switch will have the 12v since it is tied to pump 1 trigger. once you hit 2# of boost, the switch closes and sends the 12v to the pump 2 trigger and it kicks on.

In regards to getting trigger for pump one, there are a couple options.

1. use the green/yellow wire from the FPDM harness
2. Wire in a relay and you will use 3 wires off the fpdm harness for the relay and the fourth wire will be to feed the pump 1 trigger. This will have the car prime like factory. MalcolmV8 helped me out with that and I just did it on a car and it works perfect. I have drawing he sent me that I can post up if he doesn't do it first. But I need to get to bed. 4am comes early.

cj428mach

Established Member
Go to the part store or a plumbing supply place. You need a brass fitting, female npt thread on one side and barb on other side. Behind glove box is your stock boost line with a plastic coupler. remove that coupler and put in a plastic Tee and some vac hose. Basically, tap into that location for boost source for the hobbs switch. Make sense? And zip tie everything.

You should have a small roll of wire with ring terminals on one end. That connects to that hobbs switch. Doesn't matter the side/color. Then run it back to where you have the FC3 controller. Again, doesn't matter which wire you use, but one of those 2 wires goes to the trigger 1, so you will have 2 wires in the pump 1 trigger location. The other wire from the switch goes to pump 2 trigger. That's it.

So one side of the switch will have the 12v since it is tied to pump 1 trigger. once you hit 2# of boost, the switch closes and sends the 12v to the pump 2 trigger and it kicks on.

In regards to getting trigger for pump one, there are a couple options.

1. use the green/yellow wire from the FPDM harness
2. Wire in a relay and you will use 3 wires off the fpdm harness for the relay and the fourth wire will be to feed the pump 1 trigger. This will have the car prime like factory. MalcolmV8 helped me out with that and I just did it on a car and it works perfect. I have drawing he sent me that I can post up if he doesn't do it first. But I need to get to bed. 4am comes early.

Big +1.

Thats how I did my hobbs switch and my pump trigger. The FPDM setup is a much better way to go rather than just leaving it on full time. I'm very particular when it comes to clean installations and found these two ways to be the best.

Last edited:

M240Bravo

Established Member
So for the pumps you want me to do step 1 AND 2 or is it one or the other?

I got the Hobbs switch. Thanks for that one.

Users who are viewing this thread