Fore dual pump hat - Few quick questions

GDDYUP

Established Member
Good morning! I've been reasearching this for a few hours and my head is starting to spin! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm sure this has been answered before and I have about 8 threads of search results open, but I could use some help!

Here's my current situation. 03 Cobra with the stock fuel system. Mods are 2.76 pulley, MF cat back, JLT CAI, and a custom tune by Pete at Performance Dyno in Laconia. The car does have a bit of the "tune hiccup" while at high RPM, slow shifting. No biggie. I was looking into the Fore setup anyways to get rid of the PPRV and be done with that non-sense. However, a good friend of mine is upgrading to a VMP and we worked a deal so I could get his ported Eaton with his 60lb injectors and Accufab elbow. I already have an SCT BA2800 MAF. Now I need to outfit the fuel system...

I was looking at going with the Fore dual pump hat. I see that Fore also offers the FC2. My questions start right about here. How does the Fore hat work with the FC2? Can I run the FC2 off the stock FPDM or do I need a modded or dual FPDM setup with the FC2? Do I need the FC2 at all if I run dual FPDMs? I intend to stay returnless since I don't see anytime in the near future where I would be in the 700rwhp range and need to go in that deep with a return style setup. What's the best way to go here? The car makes 480hp and 499lbft how she sits right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
The FC2 is for return style systems. If you're staying returnless you don't need it. I'd look into a dual FPDM set up. I think a lot of people like the set up from Black306.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

bigmoose

Established Member
A return system isn't just about big HP. One of the best things is the rock steady fuel pressure at any throttle. My drivability greatly improved when I went return. I used the the same tuner as well, Pete.

I'd also consider trading that MAF for a 2400/2600. The 2800 is way overkill for your setup and could cause drivability issues. I run a 2400 and I'm making 650whp with a KB on e85.

If you are buying a new fore hat you mine as well go return for the minimal extra cost of a regulator and fuel line.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'd just add a BAP.. Unless you have bigger near future plans..

I had plenty of room to grow with stock pump a bap and 60s when I had my ported set up.

I also used that set up when I switched to a TVS and had over 600. No issues and cheap.

03' White Snake

Established Member
+1 for Pete.

If you are set on staying returnless, pickup a set of GT pumps, a dual FPDM setup and it will be good to go. With some modification you can run the GT pumps in a stock hat. Your maf is fine. My brother is running a BA3000 on his eaton car without any drivability issues. Pete knows how to tune them very well.

I went through this a few years ago on my car. Spent all kinds of money to stay returnless. GT pumps, dual FPDM harness, -8 feed, SS filter, 80's ect. Then 2 years later, I upgraded to a return style. Drives so much better, easier to tune, and supports way more power. Luckily half my lines could be reused.

I honestly recommend just running a BAP with stock pumps and save to go straight to a return style. A BAP and stock pumps or GT pumps and dual FPDM'S both support over 600 rwhp. Plenty for a ported eaton.

GDDYUP

Established Member
Thank you for all the input everyone! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to give me some advice. I ended up ordering a complete return kit from Lethal Performance this afternoon. They are having a 10% off sale and I couldn't pass up the offer when it came in my email. So, I'll now be installing a complete return system with 340lph dual pumps. That should be enough for just about anything I have planned for a good long while!

Users who are viewing this thread