fordwarrantys.com Anyone ever buy an ESP thorugh them?

stvdman

Established Member
I went to Fords website looking for extended warranty info and it re-directed me over to fordwarrantys.com. I looked at a couple ESP's and found that I am probably going to buy a 6/48 or 6/60 plan. By leaving my e-mail address they sent me a coupon for $190 off any of there plans..NOT too bad of a deal.

Anyone ever bought one from there?

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
Warranty

I am not much of a gearhead when it comes to my engine. I got an extended warranty out to 6 years or 75,000 miles when I bought my 03 in 04. The mods that I will do are a FIPK (already done) and a cat back exhaust (please Santa!) so that I don't void my warranty. These cars can get expensive to repair if they break. I am covered until September of 2010. This cost me about $1,600 at the time of purchase.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The plan that Stvdman is referring to IS a genuine Ford ESP plan.

stvdman

Established Member
It is kind of confusing... I went to the "genuineservice.com" website and then I get an e-mail from "fordwarrantys.com" after I signed up at genuineservice.com.

Go figure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
stvdman said:
It is kind of confusing... I went to the "genuineservice.com" website and then I get an e-mail from "fordwarrantys.com" after I signed up at genuineservice.com.

Go figure.
I had a hunch they were one and same company.

jean

Established Member
no, they are different.
They was a story in the NY Times about extanded warranty.
All the corporation other than GS will resale your warranty .
And a lot of this compagny has gone ,well close their doors and you get stuck with nothing.With GS Ford have to go BY-BY.
If you go to :fordwarrantys.com,
at the top left corner you will see the page is from Lombard Ford.
By the way i go to :http://www.genuineservice.com/genuineservice/en/default?page=Home
and go warranty or Esp

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
fordwarrantys.com only sells genuine Ford ESP plans. Read the FAQ on the website. Their prices are excellent, too.

My brother bought an ESP for his van from fordwarrantys.com (and he did use that email discount, too). He offered the warranty sale to the dealer that sold him the van, but they said there was no way they could match the fordwarrantys.com price.

That site is legit. We ran my brother's VIN through OASIS about 10 days after he bought the warranty, and it showed up.

jean

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
fordwarrantys.com only sells genuine Ford ESP plans. Read the FAQ on the website. Their prices are excellent, too.

My brother bought an ESP for his van from fordwarrantys.com (and he did use that email discount, too). He offered the warranty sale to the dealer that sold him the van, but they said there was no way they could match the fordwarrantys.com price.

That site is legit. We ran my brother's VIN through OASIS about 10 days after he bought the warranty, and it showed up.
Yes, they are legit but they are back up by Ford lombard( in CT and i leave in the west coat) NOT Ford Corporation.
The cobra is not a van ,and i want my warranty cover by Ford Corporation.
Sometimes in life you get for what you paid.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+Ford+Extended+Warranty+&btnG=Google+Search

All legit?

jean

Established Member
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=43770/pageNumber=1

Some dealers may offer only one brand of contract, and this may be either the manufacturer's brand or an aftermarket brand, depending on the dealer. If they do not initially offer the manufacturer's brand you should specifically ask about it to see if they have one. I remember going to one dealer with a friend who was purchasing a new Ford SVT Contour. My friend was offered an extended warranty for the vehicle, but it was an aftermarket brand of contract. He asked about the Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP) brand of contract but the finance person told us that they sold only the aftermarket brand and did not have any information on a manufacturer-backed warranty.

Based on my strong recommendation, my friend insisted that he was interested in purchasing only a Ford warranty and after some searching our F&I person found the information for the Ford brand. My friend decided on the coverage he wanted to purchase, taking into consideration his planned time of ownership, mileage he estimated he would accumulate, and price of the different levels of coverage. The F&I person had to consult the Ford ESP policy book in order to fill out the paperwork properly and later told us that he had never before sold the manufacturer's brand. Don't accept "no" for an answer. If a vehicle manufacturer's name is on the building, they can sell you that brand of contract.

The reason a dealership may claim to sell only one brand is that they often make more money on the aftermarket brand and/or that brand may be tied in with the dealer. Many dealers have their own brand of contract, in which they have a financial interest, with a fancy name to make it sound impressive. One thing is certain, if there is money to be made, then the dealer is going to be involved; that's just smart business sense. Keep in mind that the F&I person's commission may also be tied into the brand of contract that they are trying to sell you. You should explore all of your options based on what you want and what your needs are rather than letting the dealer lead you down a path of excessive warranty coverage just to score a higher commission.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Thanks for the great info. :beer:
I just got quoted a great price on a Preminum ESP warranty for my 03 cobra from Geniuneservice.

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
jean said:
...they are legit but they are back up by Ford lombard...NOT Ford Corporation.
Where are you getting that from? How does an individual dealer back a Ford ESP warranty??? :shrug:

Quoting fordwarrantys.com FAQ...

Is this the same Ford extended warranty that my local dealer offered me at a higher price?

Yes, Ford ESP is the only Ford extended warranty backed by the Ford Motor Company. It is the same plan nationally. It doesn't matter where you purchase it, it's just a matter of price. Keep in mind that a real Ford extended warranty is a contract between you and Ford. It is not a contract between you and any dealer. Once you have a Ford extended warranty, you can walk into any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealership, with no paperwork in hand and that dealership can access your coverage through the Ford dealer communication system.

How is buying a Ford ESP from fordwarrantys.com any different than buying a Ford ESP from a local dealer? What am I missing???

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, TopFuel, you hit the nail on the head. Buying the ESP from Lombard Ford is no different than buying it from any other Ford dealer. Bottom line -- the fordwarrantys.com link markets and sells the genuine FORD ESP. Trust me. Yes, the website is operated by Lombard Ford in Winsted, CT, but the ESP they sell is the genuine Ford ESP product. Just to double check, I called Lombard Ford myself. They're the dealer I bought my Cobra from by the way. If you buy your Ford ESP from them it is the genuine Ford product and it is honored by all Ford dealers across the country, as it should be since it's a Ford product. Anyone still questioning this should call the toll-free number on the linked website.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Bob, thanks for posting that. :thumbsup:

I was beginning to think I was missing some fine print somewhere on that website. Lots of people have purchased Ford ESP contracts from Lombard, and I'd hate to think they're somehow not backed by Ford.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
So, is the warranty from Genuineservice.com the same as the one from Fordwarrantys.com? :shrug:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
...is the warranty from Genuineservice.com the same as the one from Fordwarrantys.com?
Yes. Both sites are selling genuine Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP). Go ahead and get a quote from each site, and let us know who is cheaper. :-D

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
I work in a Ford Dealership. I can tell you from experience its better to have a Ford extended warranty than an aftermarket outlaw warranty. The dealership responds and accepts more from ford warranty extended program. Less of a hassle

vr4

Established Member
glad this was cleared up.

yes...lombard ford is just a dealer selling ESP plans online. it is the true ford esp though.

whatever you do avoid other aftermarket warrantys like the plague. especially FWS (1 our dealer loves to sell for used cars)

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I bought a 7 year 60,000 got the best price from the website wich was great got the email for the additional money off. Then went to local ford dealer with info and he matched it. Plus good will that I bought it from him. They also have a dissappearing deduct if you plan to bring it only to one dealer. I didnt go this route though.

Users who are viewing this thread