Ford's Trouble

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Alot of people I know with f-150's and silverado's have trucks that are built outside the US, while I have had 2 toyota trucks and they were both built in the US. What are you supposed to do? Either way someone will lose a job. At least with the 2 toyotas I bought the money went to US worker's wages while the ford and silverado's went to foreign workers and US corporate big shots. Thats just the way it is.

f-150's are built in dearborn truck plant in MI, Kansas City assembly in Missouri. That's it. Get you're facts straight before posting useless drivel.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
why are we talking about the power industry?

premium work my ass, and in case you dont we do manufacture cars in mexico and they have the same build quality as the union cars.

please tell me why UNSKILLED labor deserves premium pay. thats what is so stupid about unions they feel every one deserves close to the same pay and benefits. they protect crappy workers, hold companies at bay with retarded rules.

You Labeled UNION WORKERS. I am a Proud UNION WORKER.

I spoke on MY Experience and put you in your place for your lack there of.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Have fun laughing your way all the way down to the unemployment line to get your food stamps.

I'll enjoy driving past you in my german built vehicle and smile knowing I helped put you there.

I'll be the one laughing at you when you're german crap is broke down on the side of the road. It must suck to be you.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I'll be the one laughing at you when you're german crap is broke down on the side of the road. It must suck to be you.

not that it has, or will happen, but if it should, I'll have MB roadside assistance there within a half hour.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
You Labeled UNION WORKERS. I am a Proud UNION WORKER.

I spoke on MY Experience and put you in your place for your lack there of.

oh please, my family is mostly union. my dad is a union operator, grandpa a retired meat cutter, uncle that is a tinner, another uncle that is a pipe fitter. these are all TRADES!! thats what i am getting at, unions protecting unskilled workers and putting them on a pedestal.

please dont start with the "protecting" the workers rights as that is so played out. if your employer treats you unfairly than find onther ****ing job.

gm did not start building cars in mexico cause of people like me. they did it to get away from the unions and their outlandish requirements. so dont say i am the problem.

knock the pay of any unskilled position down to under 10.00 an hour and CHARGE the employees for health insurance. that would start the big three down the right track.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
oh please, my family is mostly union. my dad is a union operator, grandpa a retired meat cutter, uncle that is a tinner, another uncle that is a pipe fitter. these are all TRADES!! thats what i am getting at, unions protecting unskilled workers and putting them on a pedestal.

please dont start with the "protecting" the workers rights as that is so played out. if your employer treats you unfairly than find onther ****ing job.

gm did not start building cars in mexico cause of people like me. they did it to get away from the unions and their outlandish requirements. so dont say i am the problem.

knock the pay of any unskilled position down to under 10.00 an hour and CHARGE the employees for health insurance. that would start the big three down the right track.

LOL....and cutting up a hog is skilled? and banging out an aluminum plenum is skilled?....hahahahaha good one. a chimp could learn it. so now that we have your family's "skills" out of the way, the reason gm is building cars in 3rd world countries is so they can lavish the ceo's with outrageous wages, stock options and bonuses. Salary is NON VALUE ADDED, so why don't you direct your misguided logic in that direction?

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
LOL....and cutting up a hog is skilled? and banging out an aluminum plenum is skilled?....hahahahaha good one. a chimp could learn it. so now that we have your family's "skills" out of the way, the reason gm is building cars in 3rd world countries is so they can lavish the ceo's with outrageous wages, stock options and bonuses. Salary is NON VALUE ADDED, so why don't you direct your misguided logic in that direction?

umm yes as a matter of fact those are known as trades, and their jobs are not being out sourced to canada and mexico.

the salary of a few overpaid ceo's pales in comparison with the wage, health care, and pensions of thousands.

beabout

Established Member
GM, Ford, and Mopar are in trouble for at least part of the following if not all:

1. Signed contracts with unions they (management) knew they could not afford in the out years.
2. Failed to see the market changing in time to adjust product correctly.
3. Credit dried up for customers to afford to purchase product and price point was missed badly.
4. Fuel costs went up so fast that marginal buyers could not afford vehicle and fuel.
5. Retail network put so many customers upside down that when (projected) trade in time came customer could not afford new purchase.
6. Initial quality improved over time but, sustained quality issues killed perception of customer as to overall quality expectations.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

And what is it you do with this Mass of Incredibly Skilled Meat Slicers in your family?:lol1:

ff500

Established Member
Why does a Tundra cost more than an f150 if its cheaper labor to build than an f150. Tundras are built by non UAW workers.

One good thing about Obama being elected President is he backs Unions and the afl-cio, he supports the card check bill which will help Unions.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
that makes sense then. thank you. Most Techs are paid by an extremely unfair system.. i can see why you are bitter.:(

hmm i'm not bitter. i LOVE flat rate and feel every one should be paid commision. this way we can weed out the lazy hourly workers :)

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Working in an auto plant is a lot harder than working at Mickey D's, but it's still not terribly skilled labor. More to the point, there is no way in hell that I'm going to give charity to a company because it's based out of my own country. If I test drive a Ford and a Toyota and the Toyota is the better car for the money, I'll be damned if I'm giving Ford my money. Some of you so-called conservatives sure can turn into whiny liberals at times. In the real world, it's **** or walk. Make a product people like, or go hungry.

My love for America is conditional, and it's based on one condition only: I love America because it's the least-unfree country in the world (with the possible exception of Switzerland, but good luck getting in). That's it. No "America, **** YEAH!" from me. If a drunk kills my Bimmer tomorrow one replacement I'd look at is a used Focus; I've bought American before and probably will again. But if I don't have that opportunity again because American companies depended on blind loyalty from buyers and handouts from the gumm'int, I'll be hard pressed to give a crap.

Users who are viewing this thread