Ford's "new" solution to the leaky axle vent.

hand-filer

Established Member
IMG_0949.JPGIMG_0984.JPG
This was my fix. A bit pricy but it works. The cover is baffled at the breather port so no more leaks. Good opportunity to degrease and paint the diff.
I hand painted it with Tremclad semi gloss and ended up with around 99% coverage on the diff and about 15% coverage on my arms.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I don't even track my car and i got the jlt catch can very simply because i don't want to smell gear oil and 0 leaks....i like the breather idea thats pretty cool, only draw back is you have clean it from time go time.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Take the plastic valve off the line and stick a breather filter at the end. That should fix your problem.

clean92lx

Established Member
I wonder why this is only a problem on some cars and not all of them. I know 4 others with 11-14 GT's and I'm the only one that has a leaky vent. Maybe it's just over filled from the factory

Nuar

Established Member
Definitely not overfilled.
When I installed the new "fix" I also refilled the fluid that I lost out of the broken axle vent I had on there.
It took quite a bit of fluid to top it off still, so it definitely was not overfilled from the factory

Users who are viewing this thread