Ford's new commerical has a 03 Cobra appearance..

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
The "Journey" commerical. They show a silver vert in a showroom from a nice high angle where the heat extractor hood can be seen. It's only in there for a few seconds though. I can't remember seeing any Cobra in a Ford corporate commercial before this one.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Yeah, I saw that ad for the first time about a week ro so ago and was very excited to say the least. The problem is that it's only in the long version of the commercial, the one they usually show here is the short version that has that scene cut out :(

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It surely deserves to be there. I'll be watching for the commercial. Haven't seen it yet.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Now there's nothing wrong with it... but IMO it seems to me that the Mach1 turned out more cooperate hype than the Terminator got. Maybe its because its supposed to be "just another Cobra". Again nothing wrong with it but I just wonder why it seems Ford keeps the SVT activities under the rug when it comes to advertising.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah Ford doen't really advertise SVTs at all....I guess they don't need to?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
Yeah Ford doen't really advertise SVTs at all....I guess they don't need to?

Thats true... but you wouldnt beleive how many people who dont know what the terminators about. When I followed my dad down to the GS Nationals this year you wouldnt beleive how many guys, keep in mind guys with old Buick 455's and Grand Nationals that are hard to impress, that asked for me to pop the hood that gasped when they saw the blower and I said they're underrated at 390hp.

Thats good I guess, kind of adds to the sleeper effect. Just surprising though how many people, even after a year of terminators cruising the streets, still think the Cobras are high to mid 13 second cars on a good day.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah....most people don't pay any attention to the L even though it is a arrest me officer blue.....I kinda like it though :D

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
Yeah....most people don't pay any attention to the L even though it is a arrest me officer blue.....I kinda like it though :D

I love that Sonic blue on the Cobra but I esspecially love it on the Lightening, your eyes almost become glued to it.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I'm resigned to accept that most people don't know crap about the Cobra. I thought all car guys knew about most cool cars, but it just isn't so. I had a guy in a 996 Porche 911 Cabrio pull up next to me and ask "so how much horse power do those cars have now?" When I replied 390 underated HP you should have seen his face. He practically coughed as he looked back at his winshield and just sat there. He didn't want any after that either. :D

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by DaveSVT03
I'm resigned to accept that most people don't know crap about the Cobra. I thought all car guys knew about most cool cars, but it just isn't so. I had a guy in a 996 Porche 911 Cabrio pull up next to me and ask "so how much horse power do those cars have now?" When I replied 390 underated HP you should have seen his face. He practically coughed as he looked back at his winshield and just sat there. He didn't want any after that either. :D

lol similar story back in 87 when my dad first got his GN. I think it was a porche turbo 944 that he raced on the interstate. Dads car was all stock at the time. He said they raced to about 100 (I guess I was actually with him but I was too young to remember any of it) and then my dad started slowly pulling away from the proche all the way up to 120 then he shut down. When dad pulled off the exit ramp the guy in the porche pulled up next to him and started talking about all of his mods then he asked my dad what he had and my dad said "Its just a stock buick V6" lol and dad said that guy got a shitty look on his face and sped away.

Last edited:

03vertPA

Established Member
They are really pushing the new focus. I have seen commercials for that thing.

WHY not the Cobra.:shrug:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
lol similar story back in 87 when my dad first got his GN. I think it was a porche turbo 944 that he raced on the interstate. Dads car was all stock at the time. He said they raced to about 100 (I guess I was actually with him but I was too young to remember any of it) and then my dad started slowly pulling away from the proche all the way up to 120 then he shut down. When dad pulled off the exit ramp the guy in the porche pulled up next to him and started talking about all of his mods then he asked my dad what he had and my dad said "Its just a stock buick V6" lol and dad said that guy got a shitty look on his face and sped away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread