Ford Unveils 'New' 1965 Mustang

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
It’s now possible to build a brand new ’64½, ’65 or ’66 Ford Mustang convertible from the wheels up using this latest Ford-approved and officially licensed body shell.

Ford Unveils 'New' 1965 Mustang | Fox News

1stang.jpg

2stang.jpg

3stang.jpg

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
That is awesome. Especially for someone who wants to do a pro-touring themed car, but doesn't want to deal with rust/chopping an original body.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Read about this in the other thread. What awesome news, and a great idea. :)

SJ SNAKE

Venomous
Established Member
Wow, this is a first.. I guess after finally bringing back the 5.0's they probably said, "Hell, let's bring back the epic 65/66 Mustang's while we're at it" :rolling:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
You should be able to order any mustang any year just made after you order! Great idea!!

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Pretty cool. Now they have a reason to hold off on the retro nonsense on upcoming models

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You should be able to order any mustang any year just made after you order! Great idea!!

Thats what I was thinking.

Im surprised there arent more companies that buy the tooling and rights off of the automakers on popular models to at least build chassis/frames/bodies/shells what have you, even if they cant name them their original models. Would be funny to see a Omarac, Ettevroc, Gnastum or Arboc in some brochure.

Id love to get me a brand new 99 Spyder shell complete with brand new weather stripping and paint inside and out, and then just swap the rest of my current stuff over. $10-15k for it and then another few grand for new OEM underpinnings (or ones with upgraded bushings and such) and financing options and id easily pay it. New cars have that new factory rigid "feel" to them, as cars age its my opinion that the steel becomes more flexible, malleable, softer (still fully able to maintain integrity) with all the flexing, heat cycles, expanding/contracting with weather, etc. that you can just tell a car is old, even if it has super super low mileage.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I wish they would just just sell these bodys with up to date suspension/drive train/engine/safety work and sell them as cars. I hate the 'retro" styling they attempt to do with the newer cars and would so much rather buy a 65 mustang body then a 2005 that attempted to slightly resemble a 65 mustang.

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
IIRC, a few years back there was a company doing this exact thing with early year Mustangs and Camaros. You could buy a brand new fabricated shell for around the same price. Maybe they weren't officially licensed by Ford or Chevy? :shrug:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
One of these, minitubbed, sonic blue, with 18" wheels, 345-35s in the back on some 12" wide wheels, stroked, all aluminum 434 with sheetmetal intake sticking partially thru the hood fed by a couple of 70mm twins. Custom retro pony interior seats done up in leather with a kickin stereo and a dash full of autometer phantom gauges. Damn--come on lottery numbers.

IShb3w

Established Member
I'm partial to the '66 coupe myself. Can't wait to buy one when I have the cash (hopes and dreams).

Users who are viewing this thread