Ford to lower prices on GT500?

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Purvis said:
5) Many collectors thought the car was going to be limited edition, which led to alot of hype.. After learning the car was going to be "built to meet demand"(according to Ford), many collectors have shyed away from pre-ordering the car.

God forbid a bunch of old impotent men get their panties in a wad because they can't lock these cars up in the garage for 30+ years and sell them for $100,000 with 15 miles on them somewhere further on down the line.

jimmy77

Established Member
I agree 68.

I've bought 5 new mustangs....I've sent henry a lot of my greenbacks! WHY???? Because I got a good vehicle at a fair price.....one a working guy could afford. A 40k mustang with a 15k markup ain't doable. If the msrp is 38 0r 39, than I'll add a gt500 to my toyota pickup and honda grocery getter.(if the quality is good, maybe even think about one day buying a ford grocery getter)

Oh and by the way they can sell this car for upper 30's and make a profit.....the 5.4 iron has been around how long???? The rearend is old school, t-56, there's nothing new here that required a large RD budget...I bet they spent more on body exteriors than anything. Their basically using tried and true stuff here. (which is why they can sell them for a reasonable price).

Bottom line is this: If they want me to buy my 6th mustang they better fulfill the above criteria cause HONDA and TOYOTA already do. If they don't I have a fondness for old Challengers and Camaro's....peace.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Purvis said:
2) Supposedly, many customers have lost interest in the car, because of dealerships trying to overcharge and take advantage of customers.

It's about time people caught on. I honestly hope it starts to make a difference.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
It's about time people caught on. I honestly hope it starts to make a difference.

dealerships charging over sticker=taking advantage of customers. customers demanding to pay under invoice=good negotiator. hypocrite. if you can't afford it because you've made some bad decisions in life, then don't cry to ford.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
and it will make a difference! just refuse to pay one dime over msrp. if everyone would do this for the first two or three weeks after the intro they would sell them at msrp from the beginning

Jpjr

Established Member
this car is a gift from ford to the dealers. period. they aren't going to lower the price because dealers are racking in orders over msrp. you don't make or break a company by how much you profit on 7000 cars. you do make or break a company if dealers get tired of buying thousands of ford 500's and doggystyles only to sell them at way under msrp. the GT 500, and the Mustang in general, is Ford's way of keeping dealers buying their cars. after all, sales and profit margins are based on dealer sales and not customer sales. (of course there is a direct relationship there too)

drmustang

Banned
jazzkiller34 said:
dealerships charging over sticker=taking advantage of customers. customers demanding to pay under invoice=good negotiator. hypocrite. if you can't afford it because you've made some bad decisions in life, then don't cry to ford.

I can afford one because I've made good sensible financial decisions like not allowing a car dealer to screw me out of 5 or 10 grand.

07 Shelby

Established Member
Purvis said:
I was watching the news this morning, and analysts were talking about how Ford could possibly be lowering the price of the GT500 from its expected $40,000 price tag, because initial pre orders were not what Ford ancipated, due to a few factors:

1)Initial orders were of much higher numbers, than customers actually willing to put a deposit down on the GT500, when they became available to order through the dealerships recently. It seems many customers felt the car did not meet their initial expectations and are unwilling to buy the car without first seeing it in person.

2) Supposedly, many customers have lost interest in the car, because of dealerships trying to overcharge and take advantage of customers.

2) Insurance costs are expected to be very high, so many customers may be playing a waiting game, and want to see what the actual costs are before plunking down a deposit.

3) A stiff gaz guzzler tax penalty will be applied to the cars. This means both paying a tax, and also paying out increased gas costs for the car.

4) Expected competition from Both Chrysler, in the form of a Hemi Challenger and Chevrolet's upcoming ZL1 Camaro, may also impact demand.

5) Many collectors thought the car was going to be limited edition, which led to alot of hype.. After learning the car was going to be "built to meet demand"(according to Ford), many collectors have shyed away from pre-ordering the car.

Ya Okay! :bs:
Where'd you come up with this breaking news, or rather,
How long did it take you to think this up? :nono:
CNN reported this past weekend that there are 50,000 potential orders for the Shelby. A lot of wishful thinking perhaps but then again so is Your Post!
Please Try Again.

Last edited:

bobosfocus

flewbyU
Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:

You have got to be a salesman! Everytime you say anything, in any thread, it is to the defense of the dealers! You must be having a hard time making your sales for the month! :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread