Ford speed racing-largo Fl.-

cbarile

Established Member
I am trying out a new shop in my area called Ford Speed Racing. All parts being installed on my 2003 cobra are new: polished 2.3 whipple, accufab single blade T/B, EGR delete, 170 reische thermostat, gen II head cooling mod, 3.2 alternator pulley, PPRV delete, a new belt. I am very anal about my car as it only has 17,xxx miles so I will report back when the car is done to let you guys know how it goes. I forgot, they also have an in house dyno to tune my car after the install. I have a 4 pound lower and was gonna use stock 3.5 upper, hopefully I will see around 580 on a very conservative tune.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
That 580 is Surely doable, Rob will hook you up he's a Great Tuner and builder!
And why the conservative tune? Buy some 32 oz bottles of Torco and add one to your tank bump that timing up!

Last edited:

cbarile

Established Member
I am pretty excited to get the car back with all my mods. Should be a different car with that kinda power under my right foot.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
it costs enough money that i would rather buy barrels of 110 for like 4.40 per gallon. You also dont get a large enough ocatane boost to justify the cost.

stvdman

Established Member
Hopefully they have stepped up their game again. FORDSPEED was once know as THE place to take any ford, after messing around with my fathers Lightning and royally hosing up the tune a few years back, along with a couple of buddies rides getting "mis-treated", I went elsewhere. It was nothing crazy, just wasnt great.

Hopefully you only have good things to report back, I would love to have a good reputable Ford Performance shop right down the road.

10sec89

Established Member
Good luck with the tune, if all goes well mine might be headed there, have a buddy that had his car built there(full race fox body). Currently looking for someone with a pulley tool I can borrow for 15 minutes to swap my upper.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This car is Adam Vetter's Fox Body and why are you wishing him good luck with the tune?
Rob ripped close to 1200RW out of Adam's single turbo A4 Block punched out to 358 with Fast engine management! I could count on one hand the guys I'd trust in Florida to handle that task!
And the guy above that said "They" messed with my dad's Lightning tune? More details please? SCT software on that car is childs play for them, it was Rob Wells or someone else that did the tune cause they lend their dyno out to other local guys? And don't just say "Other" guys cars were mistreated too without explaining yourself? "Nothing crazy just not great" Pretty vague? I hate that! Plenty of local Pro-Mod guys ask his advice cause he cleaned all their clocks and won the season championship at Sunshine with his small tired and Much heavier 10.5 car cause they 86'd that class and he had to step up to the Fastest!For every 1 basher they'll be 50 guys that say their Great, it's like that at Every shop, look at Ramseys! And FYI Rob FIXES lots of jacked up tunes from So-Called local experts!
These guys are my good friends and have known them for 20 years.. I'm Done now!

here's that Dyno run on Vetters Fox!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbvkZP0f7qY"]Dyno 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
OP I talked to the guys today I guess your set for tomorrow? Rob wants to retain your pprv, he said you thought mine was deleted? I was considering it but have changed my mind!

10sec89

Established Member
Didn't mean to make it sound that way, good luck as in hope you get the number's you want, and yes I was refering to Adam's car, wasn't bad mouthing relax.

Users who are viewing this thread