Ford silenced engineers on focus DCT issues

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Possibly the greatest bang for buck car.

My wife has one, and I'm heavily considering buying myself one.

But who needs 2 fiesta STs?

The answer is everyone.

Man, some other people on SVTP think differently. Alot of guys think that anything other than a V8/RWD is stupid. Wish people would drive one before they condemn the thing.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Guy I know was told his transmission issues were his to deal with because he had lowered the car and wrapped the hood... allegedly it traps heat. He’s suing from what he says.
What a crock of shit.

Also, this is what also makes it difficult to see just how much money it will cost Ford, how much money have they made on customer pay for replacements?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Man, some other people on SVTP think differently. Alot of guys think that anything other than a V8/RWD is stupid. Wish people would drive one before they condemn the thing.

Different strokes I guess. I don't blame anyone if it's not their thing but I think in most cases people need to give them a shot prior to writing them off. I'm an offender of that way of thinking but typically with other brands. There are cars I would absolutely love to have (Chevy SS, Golf GTI, FRS/BRZ, E36/46, Alpha 4C/Guilia) but I can never seem to pull the trigger. It doesn't help that I met Nick and refuse to buy cars from anyone else now.

I was every bit of a V8 RWD only guy for a fun car until I climbed into an ST. After owning my 12 GT and a 15 Focus ST at the same time, I realized there is a lot more going on with a car than I originally thought.

Users who are viewing this thread