Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Well, they did just about everything possible to make this a very very special car, except the engine. 800-900 HP is definitely not something to complain about, but it sorta kinda maybe feels like they mailed it in a bit with the power plant. Wonder why no bespoke NA screamer? At this kind of price point, I doubt potential buyers would balk at paying an extra $50-100K for a truly special mill.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Mustang%20GT3%20and%20GTD%20Sketch-4K.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
I'm not sure what to think, part of me really wants an allocation and want to get it but 300K is AWFUL close to an 05-06 Ford GT for a "souped-up a mustang to most people". That's also more than the new gt3rs in theory (msrp for them I think is 250k or so) Feels like it should more be competing with a future gt2rs more than a gt3rs in my mind with having that much power.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Well, they did just about everything possible to make this a very very special car, except the engine. 800-900 HP is definitely not something to complain about, but it sorta kinda maybe feels like they mailed it in a bit with the power plant. Wonder why no bespoke NA screamer? At this kind of price point, I doubt potential buyers would balk at paying an extra $50-100K for a truly special mill.

I have long had this discussion with FMC. There are many people there that are of the belief that they simply cannot sell a car at this price without mega horsepower, and you aren't reasonably getting that power with anything N/A.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Since none of us will be able to get an allocation.....SVTP group trip to Le Mans?! If you haven't ever been you need to go the race is a blast and the small town is amazing.

bullitt2735

Established Member
I have long had this discussion with FMC. There are many people there that are of the belief that they simply cannot sell a car at this price without mega horsepower, and you aren't reasonably getting that power with anything N/A.
I was expecting NA or finally putting turbo's on the v8. It seems like they went so far to push the mustang chassis but didn't go wild enough with the motor in my mind

Also I assume you got one of those fancy allocation coins... what number did you get? I saw a few people have numbers in the high 100's online

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The GTd- the car nobody asked for and the car nobody can afford. Chris Farley has got to go! What a joke! Seriously while this monstrosity was spinning around all I could think of was this…

1692325511593.png

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I ****ing love it. If you are a hardware junky this car delivers.

People will complain about anything. Like if they can't have it then it shouldn't even exist lol. That logic makes zero sense with anything else yet somehow is supposed to make sense here.

You have to start somewhere getting the tech to the street in mass production, and when many of the components are as exotic as it gets for automotive it is going to be insanely expensive to start. Eventually, a lot of these components will be able to trickle down, but I'm sure there will be complaints when that happens too.

fitforspeed

Established Member
Does that rear suspension not seem strangely familiar (Super Stallion) from the 90’s? Wow so impressive to have a pullied left over Gt500 5.2. So a few race bits mixed with an S550 chassis with some new bodywork. Oh and a fancy 100hp wing. Lol @ Fords new $300k parts bin car!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Does that rear suspension not seem strangely familiar (Super Stallion) from the 90’s? Wow so impressive to have a pullied left over Gt500 5.2. So a few race bits mixed with an S550 chassis with some new bodywork. Oh and a fancy 100hp wing. Lol @ Fords new $300k parts bin car!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

What the hell are you talking about? Lol. The car is so expensive because these "few bits" of components are one offs or are derived from the racecars. The ASV dampers are Multimatic's own so they don't come from Ford. You think they went and raided the SuperStallion and that suspension just bolted right up to the S650? Some of you guys should re-read your posts before posting.

I can agree that the engine seems a little lazy keeping the supercharged 5.2, but there is still info we haven't seen on it. I personally would have liked to have seen them go with turbos.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I was expecting NA or finally putting turbo's on the v8. It seems like they went so far to push the mustang chassis but didn't go wild enough with the motor in my mind

Also I assume you got one of those fancy allocation coins... what number did you get? I saw a few people have numbers in the high 100's online

It's definitely not my first choice, but it's hard to complain. It's a 7500 rpm motor that makes...a lot of power. It won't be 800.

I did. The numbers don't mean anything other than "here is a numbered chip to signify you were sent one." Mine was numbered 69; maybe that's a message. There's some titanium components in the car manufactured using recycled F-22 parts, and that's what the chip is.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm not sure what to think, part of me really wants an allocation and want to get it but 300K is AWFUL close to an 05-06 Ford GT for a "souped-up a mustang to most people". That's also more than the new gt3rs in theory (msrp for them I think is 250k or so) Feels like it should more be competing with a future gt2rs more than a gt3rs in my mind with having that much power.
If you're cross shopping an 05/06 FGT then you don't know what you're looking at and just simply not a customer for it

Users who are viewing this thread