Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

andymarkv

Established Member
I was going to ask, "Whats the point?" But then realized I'm out of touch...
Ford is already building 67 of the 2023 Ford GT Mk IV Limited Edition. $1.7M and again, you have to be selected to purchase.
So this Mustang could be $300K or $7M, it was not built for me. They're looking at a different level of customer.
https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/mk-iv/

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly the car is super nasty. The level of exotic content is actually well beyond what’s in a lot of competitive vehicles, some of which will invariably trickle down the line up. But it is very expensive.

Mhm.

I want 1 of everything Multimatic pushes out. Haha

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Mhm.

I want 1 of everything Multimatic pushes out. Haha
Yeah I really love those guys. Larry is the ****in man, and obviously Raj. But there’s just a ton of awesome people over there who really give a shit and know their shit when it comes to motorsports and performance. It’s a big part of the allure of programs they’re involved in.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I really love those guys. Larry is the ****in man, and obviously Raj. But there’s just a ton of awesome people over there who really give a shit and know their shit when it comes to motorsports and performance. It’s a big part of the allure of programs they’re involved in.

110% agree.

Also, I hope top Ford brass is realizing that while it's super cool to be releasing all of these new performance models....Darkhorse, Darkhorse R, GT4, GT3, Golden Child....it's pretty souring for dealers that are still at least a year out as far as allocation goes on normal vehicles for retail customers.

blk02edge

Established Member
This car is for the street, where as the MkII and MKIV are track only.

When the NGT came out I asked why no centerlock, and I was told that the assembly of the centerlock was heavier than a normal hub stud combo (counter intuitive to me).
Oh yea, even the MK2 has normal lugs. Interesting. Fairly irrelevant really though.

Well, this is cool I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing the drive train. Please have a real sequential (I know... it won't..)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Centerlocks are cool, and running endurance races, it's sooooo much faster. But for sprint races (no tire changes), track days (not rushed tire changes) and the average Joe that likes to blast around Mexico in a fast car.... the lugs are much appreciated. Carrying around a 350-450# torque stick isn't the most convenient.

blk02edge

Established Member
Centerlocks are cool, and running endurance races, it's sooooo much faster. But for sprint races (no tire changes), track days (not rushed tire changes) and the average Joe that likes to blast around Mexico in a fast car.... the lugs are much appreciated. Carrying around a 350-450# torque stick isn't the most convenient.
Yeaaaa, I have about 10 centerlock cars in the fleet. I love them on the open wheels where torque spec is only about 110lb. HATE them on Radicals/CUP cars.

I don't know anyone who races endurance outside of Lucky Dog crap haha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeaaaa, I have about 10 centerlock cars in the fleet. I love them on the open wheels where torque spec is only about 110lb. HATE them on Radicals/CUP cars.

I don't know anyone who races endurance outside of Lucky Dog crap haha

Exactly. haha Pro teams!

I would love to do a 6-12 hour race with another driver. I just cant afford/justify the consumables haha It would turn my $5k track weekend into $15k really quickly.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I met Larry years ago when I was doing Formula SAE. He is the real deal for sure. I sometimes think that people forget they are a major Tier 1 supplier as well.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You'd honestly probably have more fun doing endurance in Lemons/Lucky dog. Less money less care
BMW CCA club racing is pretty fun too :)

1692283884196.png

Users who are viewing this thread