Ford ranger prices...

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Yea, they're higher than what I think they should be. I don't know if there is that much demand or what. Honestly, I would look for a fullsize. Same MPG, same price, more truck. And I'm a current Ranger owner.

west08

Established Member
Haven't looked at Ranger prices specifically, but it seems anything with 4x4 commands a premium and anything with 4x4 and pick up bed commands a gold premium. It is absolutely ridiculous. I would really like a 2003-2006 Chevy crew cab truck 4x4 and they are about $12-13,000 with 130,000 to 150,000 miles while a similar Tahoe is about 9,000k which is still high in my mind. All of the prices can vary depending area as well.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I would like to have a newer truck but I just can't fathom the money people want for them. I don't need one that badly. Few years ago I bought a round body blazer with the 4.3 and 4X4 for 1200 bucks. It was a little beat up but was a higher trim with leather and push button 4wd. Drove it for awhile and went mudding and used it for snow and then sold it for $1250. Should have never let that thing go

01GTB

Established Member
Rangers command a premium because they don't make them anymore and they have a following. I thought it was mainly the 4 cylinders because they knock down good fuel mileage, but apparently they all still bring good money.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I love my Ranger and got a great deal on one of the last 4x4s around when they stopped production. I agree with the gas mileage statement; it is bad. I wish I ponied up for an F150 super crew FX4.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
i daily a little b2300 5 speed rc 2wd. good little truck. I dont like parking a full size truck nor need one. When this thing dies, ima prob get a little used civic or sentra.

Travis

Established Member
I'm about to get rid of my 06 FX4. Was pretty surprised what they were going for when i checked. It is a one owner truck with 68k miles tho. They are great little trucks, been very impressed with it

only a gt

Established Member
Rangers command a premium because they don't make them anymore and they have a following. I thought it was mainly the 4 cylinders because they knock down good fuel mileage, but apparently they all still bring good money.

As soon as people found out they weren't being made anymore the prices jumped considerably. We have a list of customers to call anytime we take a Ranger in trade.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Used car market as a whole has been nuts for a while now. Get used to it. :(

Pretty sure the "cash for clunkers' program has a lot to do with the current used car market pricing.

A ton of drivable cars were removed from the market... "free" money.

-Brian

sleek98

Established Member
I about crapped my pants when looking for one last month. Decided to just wait and grab a nicer f-150.

Kbb of 1,800 everyone was asking 3,500 to 5,000.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My father in law, my wife's one aunt, and I have all received letters from Ford dealerships offering nice money to trade ours in also. So, it may be Ford driving costs a bit. Maybe due to parts? I'm waiting for the right offer on an FX4.

96 cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys! Think I'm calling it quits w/ the pickup search, switching over to jeep xj's et al...

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Ranger resale has always been high (and I'm sure has went nowhere but up since they ended production). When I bought my '02 back in '05, it was an impulse purchase and I had not really compared them to any other truck. After I bought it I was surprised that 1) The MPG is pretty much the same as the F150 and 2) I could have gotten basically the same truck in an F150 for damn near the same money.

I beat the living hell out of that truck and never had any major issues whatsoever. The most expensive thing I ever had to do with it was a wheel bearing in 150,000+ miles and 8 years of hell.

Users who are viewing this thread