ford racing timing assembly kit: crank gear and trigger wheel compatibility

harvboi05

Established Member
im installing a full timing chain kit from FRPP. i am not using the original two piece crank gear from 98, i am using the one piece gear included in the kit. i am not using my accufab billet trigger wheel designed for use with the older gears, i am using the revised stamped steel piece that came with the kit.

just wanted to post up here, see if anyone else has used the newer style crank gear and trigger wheel under a 98 cover, or if that will not work properly.
ive measured the assemblies and theyre virtually identical, within a few thou. i cant imagine there being any issues. does a newer balancer need to be used?

trying to get this together before snowfall and into storage lol. three years in a row im scrambling in december. merry xmas?

Tyler72

Established Member
You must use the late style stamped steel tone wheel with the Ford racing kit. It fits under the 96-98 covers just fine. Actually it fits under all of the 4 valve timing covers with no issues.

harvboi05

Established Member
so youre all saying there isnt a reason why my crank pulley is sitting 1/8" out too far? sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread