Ford Racing Stroker Shortblock

2 cam sam

Established Member
Seems like a rip off compared to the boss block 5.3 short blocks you can get from DSS or any other engine builder.

CamCobra10

Established Member
Around $4600 shipped from tousely, not a bad price for what your getting...after seeing what the aluminators are doing I would buy from them over dss andmost other companies in a heartbeat...too bad they didn't do this with a boss50 block stock stroke w/billett rods and 04 ported cobra heads w/custom cams, fords slipping!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
$5300 for a stroker shortblock is a ridiculously high price. You can have one built for around $3k with better parts than what Eagle offers.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
$5300 for a stroker shortblock is a ridiculously high price. You can have one built for around $3k with better parts than what Eagle offers.

for new parts, machined, balanced, and assembled- 5300 is a very reasonable price to me. granted the parts in this shortblock aren't up to my standards/expectations so yes, it's price is high (is a warranty included?)- but a proper high end power plant is a bargin at 5300 if someone is building it for you.

CamCobra10

Established Member
$4600 Tousely Ford, no warranty, hard to warranty someone else installing timing components, head work if being done, etc you know...i'm glad ford didn't forget about the 4.6 at least...i'm spending much more than this, but getting a lot more in return...got some 04 cobra heads done at fox lake and it wasn't cheap

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Well the DSS is 4695 and you can pick your compression ratio. The unit is a good idea but I would like to see more compression options. You also end up with 327 cubes or so with the Boss block.

the boss block adds $1200 to the cost also

CamCobra10

Established Member
Going with a boss50 shortblock w/h beam rods and a decent set of pistons will run you around 6k from most shops, don't forget the added costs for upgrades like tss oil pump, arp2000, coated pistons, etc...fun

Users who are viewing this thread