Ford Racing K-springs (M-5300-K) inside...

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
hey guys, thought I'd show off the ride a bit with its new springs. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of these springs. They offer 1.5" all around and it still hasn't settled just yet (thought it's damn close!). I used stock struts/shocks and Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plates. I plan on getting it aligned next week as precaution. There was no pull to either left or right after completing the install.

Rear Before... approximately 29.4"

DSC00647.jpg

Rear After... approximately 28" even.

DSC00650.jpg

Front before... approximately 28.7"

DSC00648.jpg

Front after... approximately 27.25"

DSC00651.jpg

The in progress shot...

DSC00649.jpg

and the final stance...

DSC00653.jpg

thanks for looking. I'd recommend these :beer:

scott_0

Established Member
looks great! youll definitely wanna get it aligned soon, my shop said my toe was way out and camber needed adjusted a bit with camber bolts to -1 degree. I also went with the K springs but swapped in Steeda Pro Action struts/shocks

chico_mustangs

Established Member
How's the ride with these compared to the Stock Brembo springs? Do you have an underhood pic of it with the plates installed? Also if you don't mind me asking how much did you get the springs for? My local dealer said they have one set of these in stock they will let me have for $165.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Look very nice. How does it ride? Did you have to purchase a spring compressor or specialty tools to do the job?

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
How's the ride with these compared to the Stock Brembo springs? Do you have an underhood pic of it with the plates installed? Also if you don't mind me asking how much did you get the springs for? My local dealer said they have one set of these in stock they will let me have for $165.

also interested in the ride compared to the stock brembo springs

Ordie

Established Member
Look very nice. How does it ride? Did you have to purchase a spring compressor or specialty tools to do the job?

I did K Springs too. No you really dont need a spring compressor Just be easy with it. The K spring will compress enough with your own weight to put the shock mount back on the strut outside the car.

K Springs vs Brembos.. I find that they are a little bouncy but that's probably due to the stock shocks but I also feel it handles a little better too in the corners.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
these look great on the finish...how do they feel when it comes to body roll that the stockers have

kingnut

Established Member
once those springs settle how much will they drop .10-.15"?

SicShelby09

Banned
No Adj. Panhard Bar used, or needed???

I have the K springs and no its not needed, and I didnt use one. But if you want the rear to be correctly centered like it was oem, then yes you need one. Mine is visually off to the drivers side. And its noticeable. If you get a panhard bar, you need to make sure the adjuster is in the middle of the bar, skip the bar with the rod ends. The passenger side rod end is boxed in by the mount, and its virtually impossible to properly tighten it after its adjusted. I forget which brand one has the solid end mounts and has the adjuster in the middle of the bar, but thats the one you want. Trust me you will be smacking yourself if you get the other one. While you are at it, you might as well do the lower control arms too. Again, no relocation brackets needed. But if you get those too then they need to be welded on NO QUESTIONS. I have seen them shear off bolts at the track because they were not welded on along with being bolted.

Get this type....
407032.JPG

NOT this one....
mm-mm5pbar3_9928.jpg

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
If you get a panhard bar, you need to make sure the adjuster is in the middle of the bar, skip the bar with the rod ends. The passenger side rod end is boxed in by the mount, and its virtually impossible to properly tighten it after its adjusted.
agreed, I went with the BMR phb, its a quality piece that adjust very easily

Users who are viewing this thread