Ford racing cai or c&l intake

KKOSH

Established Member
I just bought a 07 GT500 convertible and was going to have a custom tune/pulley put on. I would rather stick with Ford (not use their tune though). Any differences between an aftermarket one and Ford Racings cold air intake?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I already tried that Airaid intake when I got my GT500, my car ran like shit. Spend the money and do it right.

HISSNTEL

Not so new
Established Member
I've always used JLT Intakes on my 3 cobras and all of them have been great with fit and finish and performed excellent. It will need a tune though with the JLT.

JimIII@jdm

We use the Ford Racing Cold Air intake on most of our customers cars 2007-2009. The fit and finish is awesome, plus its got that stock look and Ford Racing name you want to keep. The gains are pretty good, especially when combining the air kit with a Tune and Pulley. If I can suggest, we have a kit that offers everything your looking for plus colder spark plugs and an auxiliary idler pulley. We call this our JDM 650 HP Package if your interested call me at 732-780-0770. I would love to help with any questions or parts you might need.

2007_2008_2009_Mustang_Shelby_GT500_650_HP_Upgrade_Kit_Power_Package_Kit__40791.1358224105.1280.1280.jpg

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The jlt cai looks better than those two and makes more power, imo. Might as well get the best, especially if your not even going to run the pro cal tune which is why most stick with ford racing.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The jlt cai looks better than those two and makes more power, imo. Might as well get the best, especially if your not even going to run the pro cal tune which is why most stick with ford racing.

Lol I can't agree man. The jlt 110mm will not make any more power than the frpp 113mm. The frpp cai has the cleanest look an best fit. Also super easy to tune with no issues.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Lol I can't agree man. The jlt 110mm will not make any more power than the frpp 113mm. The frpp cai has the cleanest look an best fit. Also super easy to tune with no issues.

To clarify I was talking about the 123mm or the cf 127mm jlt, nothing looks as good in the engine bay, didn't know guys were still running that small of intake.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
JLT works and looks fantastic. You can choose the look of the CAI and dont know why you wouldn't get a 127 and be done with it

KKOSH

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the Ford Racing unit. I will have my tuner (Lidio Iccobelli of Alternative Auto Performance) do the tune and pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread