Ford Racing Aluminator Short Blocks

DrTriton

Established Member
Was doing some searching and it looks like Ford Racing is now offering Aluminator's in short-block form. A couple of the dealer sites have all the info.

M-6009-A50NA for the 11:1 version and M-6009-A50SC for the 9.5:1 version.

:banana:

Bud

Established Member
Would be cooler if they had a good block and it was part of the aluminator build.

twistedneck

Established Member
I think you can get the MMR or JPC or Livernois (or possibly L&M) short blocks for similar pricing with I-beams, darton sleeves, support beams in RGR... problem is i'm not sure if they can get those super sweet 11:1 Mahle pistons.

As much as I love diamond slugs, those Mahle pistons are a cut above imo.

jas11151990

Established Member
I think you can get the MMR or JPC or Livernois (or possibly L&M) short blocks for similar pricing with I-beams, darton sleeves, support beams in RGR... problem is i'm not sure if they can get those super sweet 11:1 Mahle pistons.

As much as I love diamond slugs, those Mahle pistons are a cut above imo.

my thought exactly

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR shortblocks, with nicer pistons (Manley forged 2618 material and Nicer total seal AP steel rings) are $3499 with a 1 year warranty and do not require dealer installation for the warranty to be effective, they are also manufactured by the World record Holders and modular experts to a much more strict standard. They are also available with many other upgrade options such as the MMR pro mod block, ARP main studs, Billet oil pump gears etc. And while the Ford Racing shortblock is not a bad piece (AND ALSO AVAILABLE FROM MMR) , it is certainly not worth more than a MMR 1000 for example and we would have a hard time justifying the cost to our customers.

Let us know how we can help!

MMR
Modular Motorsports Racing

Last edited:

2014GT

Established Member
I have a random question. Could I run the MMR 1000 shortblock in my factory configuration?

nosscort

Established Member
I have a random question. Could I run the MMR 1000 shortblock in my factory configuration?

yup... it's just a havier, stout, more reliable internals.. may loose a bit of power N/A but will gain it all back when FI is introduced.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Correct, as the member above stated it is a direct replacement and can be used with stock engines or highly modified engines! we also offer high compression n/a versions capable of 500+ n/a HP

Let us know how we can help.

MMR

Last edited:

Funny5.0

Established Member
Correct, as the member above stated it is a direct replacement and can be used with stock engines or highly modified engines! we also offer high compression n/a versions capable of 500+ n/a HP

Let us know how we can help.

MMR

Hypothetically, If my engine were to melt a piston for whatever reason, wouldn't it be a cheaper solution to rebuild my motor with one of your short blocks rather than buying a whole new crate engine assembly and getting that installed?

What do people do when they blow their motor and they are out of or denied warranty?

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
MMR you guys use Manley pistons and they are some of the worlds best - i'd say equal to diamond, cp, ross, all the top names. But i'm seeing more and more Mahle pistons going on everything from LMP, Indy, Rally, etc..

What are your thoughts on using Mahle pistons in your builds? Or does Manley offer a lighter weight piston for certain applications?

reality check.. diamond, manley, cp, etc.. are also on LMP and even the great Koenigsegg One:1..

Mostly basing this on the Lotus indy engine where they had ECR in house pistons that failed and Mahle stepped up with a design at 2/3 the weight with better durability.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hypothetically, If my engine were to melt a piston for whatever reason, wouldn't it be a cheaper solution to rebuild my motor with one of your short blocks rather than buying a whole new crate engine assembly and getting that installed?

What do people do when they blow their motor and they are out of or denied warranty?

yes, it is far cheaper to rebuild (if the block is salvageable) :beer:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR you guys use Manley pistons and they are some of the worlds best - i'd say equal to diamond, cp, ross, all the top names. But i'm seeing more and more Mahle pistons going on everything from LMP, Indy, Rally, etc..

What are your thoughts on using Mahle pistons in your builds? Or does Manley offer a lighter weight piston for certain applications?

reality check.. diamond, manley, cp, etc.. are also on LMP and even the great Koenigsegg One:1..

Mostly basing this on the Lotus indy engine where they had ECR in house pistons that failed and Mahle stepped up with a design at 2/3 the weight with better durability.

The majority of the Mahle pistons used by Ford Racing are a high silicone alloy (4032 material) , these alloys are not as strong as the 2618 used by Manley (and others).

In regards to our own builds - we have access to all of the best pistons in the world, what sets the Manley apart is that we have worked with them closely to refine their Modular line of pistons over the last 15 years, the same exact design we sell over the counter is used in our 3000HP twin turbo modular or our 2000HP twin turbo coyote. They are the only piston thus far that have been proven at this HP level and this is why we use them. :beer:

mmr%20piston.jpg

DrTriton

Established Member
For a street-strip car I would choose the 4032 alloy over the 2618 all day. You need to run more piston to bore clearance with the Manley's and I personally don't like the cold start noise (I have them in a 5.4 Lightning at their recommended clearance and it is very noticeable).

The Manley's aren't a bad piece, but there is a trade-off when you use 2618. For a race car, it's an easy choice...

The Mahle's seem to be holding up really well in some high HP applications. You need to be worried about the block first...

Users who are viewing this thread