Ford NAIAS

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
http://www.livestream.com/ford

so far, from what i've seen, they've unveiled the new Raptor -
3.5l ecoboost with more HP and torque than the raptor 6.2l(411/434)
10 speed auto with paddle shifters
center diff equipped 2 speed transfer case for real time fore/aft torque vectoring
optional torsen front diff
500lbs lighter than 1st gen raptor
larger Fox racing shocks with longer suspension travel
"purpose built frame" - sounds like it's raptor specific, but that might just be marketing word play
BFG TA KO2 tires
dual exhaust
- on sale fall 2016
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/all-new-f-150-raptor.html

GT350R -
completely gutted(back seats, AC, stereo, etc), over 130lbs lighter than the base 350
carbon fiber wheels, 19x11 front 19x11.5 rear, 13lb weight savings PER WHEEL
track tuned blah blah blah
revised splitter, new rear spoiler
engine oil cooler, diff oil cooler
3.73:1 rear with torsion diff
flat bottom steering wheel
"... optional Electronics Package. Included is dual-zone air conditioning, 8-inch touch screen with navigation, seven-speaker audio system, turn signal mirrors and more..."
- on sale later this year
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/01/12/shelby-gt350r-mustang.html

new Ford GT -
3.5l ecoboost, over 600HP, two fuel injectors per cylinder(one port, one direct)
7 speed dual clutch transaxle
all carbon fiber body
carbon fiber/aluminum composite tub/front rear sub assemblies
active rear spoiler
carbon-ceramic brakes all around
michelin pilot super sport 2 tires, developed specifically for the GT
"...one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car..."
"...active racing-style torsion bar and pushrod suspension, with adjustable ride height..."
"...F1-style steering wheel integrates all necessary driver controls..."
- on sale 2016
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...rd-redefines-innovation-with-gt-supercar.html

i look forward to the whines and cries of the ecoboost haters

editing as pics/info arive

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpeg

1421072184421.jpg

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpeg

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
They all look fantastic IMO. I'm surprised by Ford's decision to use the Ecoboost in the GT, I can't wait to witness the inevitable shitstorm that is about to unfold.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
mods, maybe throw GT/GT350R/raptor in the title to limit duplicate threads?

They all look fantastic IMO. I'm surprised by Ford's decision to use the Ecoboost in the GT, I can't wait to witness the inevitable shitstorm that is about to unfold.
i agree completely, and on both accounts! i really wasn't interested in the idea of a new ford GT("build the GR-1!!!) because i really didn't think they could design one to live up to the '05, but that thing is SIIIICK!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

Its not a surprise at all. Ford corporate culture hates V8s. They have slowly but surely dropped v8s from every vehicle line except for the f-series trucks and mustang. They also hate RWD.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ford GT features the most powerful EcoBoost production engine ever – a new twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600 horsepower.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh look, the resident engine guru has shown up...
Its not a surprise at all. Ford corporate culture hates V8s. They have slowly but surely dropped v8s from every vehicle line except for the f-series trucks and mustang. They also hate RWD.
yea they do, that's why they built a bespoke one for the GT350, right?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Ford GT features the most powerful EcoBoost production engine ever – a new twin-turbocharged Ford EcoBoost V6 producing more than 600 horsepower.

So the 013 GT500 has more power than fords flagship "super car?" seems legit :rolleyes

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
So the 013 GT500 has more power than fords flagship "super car?" seems legit :rolleyes
yea bro, because the 3700+lb 2013 technology mustang will compete with this brand new, all carbon fiber mid engine supercar in performance metrics, right? only a complete ****ing jackass would think that the HP of a 2013 model mustang bears ANY relevance to ford's new, 2017 model, all carbon fiber supercar.

your ecoboost tears, there's just so many of them

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

The new GT should be significantly lighter, much better chassis, and will destroy the '13 gt500 in every measurable metric.

I wonder if there are any racing regulations that limit the HP/weight ratio so they stopped at 600 hp.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
500 lbs lighter and a 10 speed does sound interesting in the Raptor. Not sure on the V6 yet.

Edit - holy hell the tailgate on the Raptor is FUGLY!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread