Ford Mustang GT500 vs Dodge Challenger

Lord Warlock

Established Member
So funny, you ought to hear the charger forum (68-70 models) who ask if the shelby and mustang folks whine and bitch so much between the concept and rollout of the shelby as they did with the charger (most dislike the new charger but are looking forward to the challenger). So why diss the challenger folks? they deserve their hopes just as we do our shelby's. Overall, the challenger probably won't weigh in much heavier than the shelby does, and will probably cost less than alot of the new shelby owners spent on their new cars.
I'm a long time mopar fan - my first car was a charger (still have it too) but have had more mustangs than mopars and drive an 04 terminator today, if dodge had made a 2 door charger I probably would own that instead of the cobra, but that is all past history now. By the time the challenger srt8 is out the cobra will be getting into mid-life. I'll either be lusting after a used shelby or a new challenger, either way I think I win.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Lord Warlock said:
Overall, the challenger probably won't weigh in much heavier than the shelby does, and will probably cost less than alot of the new shelby owners spent on their new cars.

Don't think for a minute, the most basic of economic principals will NOT apply to the new Challenger? :read:

No Doubt, dealers will eye gouge for them at first. :idea: Just like every other newly released vehicle in the last 50 or so years!

Americans have always had love affairs with cars and it has not recently changed!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Don't think for a minute, the most basic of economic principals will NOT apply to the new Challenger? :read:

No Doubt, dealers will eye gouge for them at first. :idea: Just like every other newly released vehicle in the last 50 or so years!

Americans have always had love affairs with cars and it has not recently changed!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

+1 :thumbsup:

And don't forget the new camaro too. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread