Ford Mustang GT500 vs Dodge Challenger

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Well weight and gearing will play a big factor and the rumors of a 6.4 or 6.6 might even things up if they turn out ot be true, If they are the low-mid 30k range as estimated I may find myself in one, slower stock or not.

bubbrubb

I'd imagine that the dodge challenger forums would be guilty of being as idiodic as this very Shelby forum was before the car was actually produced.

Besides, if they can say 'just supercharge it' why can't we say 'throw on a set of twins'?

bench racing isn't like drinking games. nobody is a winner.

07 Shelby

Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
Well weight and gearing will play a big factor and the rumors of a 6.4 or 6.6 might even things up if they turn out ot be true, If they are the low-mid 30k range as estimated I may find myself in one, slower stock or not.

For 30k You'll find Yourself in the V6 CHALLENGER.
6.4 or 6.6, if it happens, will be MSRP 45k+ and 4100lb Minimum.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
07 Shelby said:

Do you mean to tell me they are going to have to endure a bunch of whiney ass internet cry babies bitching about how expensive and heavy the new Challenger is going to be!??!!

Those poor bastards!!! :smmon:

;-) :lol: :p

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Well, since we don't know any #'s on the Challenger yet, it's hard to say. But if it comes with the 6.4 and they can keep the weight down, I think it'll be a good race between the two. And I don't see the Challenger being 4100lbs, it's a two door and it's six inches shorter than the Charger, which weighs about 4K.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Do you mean to tell me they are going to have to endure a bunch of whiney ass internet cry babies bitching about how expensive and heavy the new Challenger is going to be!??!!

:lol:

Jizabel-GT

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
ac427cobra said:

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07 Shelby

Established Member
bad360rt said:
Well, since we don't know any #'s on the Challenger yet, it's hard to say. But if it comes with the 6.4 and they can keep the weight down, I think it'll be a good race between the two. And I don't see the Challenger being 4100lbs, it's a two door and it's six inches shorter than the Charger, which weighs about 4K.

This is exactly what is being Speculated. Yes, I know Speculated! Take it for what it's worth. How heavy do you think a 6.6L Cast Iron Block will weigh in at?
The Challenger is Shorter than the Charger, but it's Wider.
Besides, with a 6.4L or 6.6L, do you not think that Daimler will have the same F/R Weight distribution issue that the Shelby has?

Challenger Width....... 78.6 inches
Charger Width........... 74.5 inches

Last edited:

07 Shelby

Established Member
ac427cobra said:

;-) :lol: :p

Ya Don't Think?!? ;) It has definitely Started........... :poke: :banana: !!!

Last edited:

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i would not be so sure. the ls7 part, not the part about the ss camaro owning all.:eek:

True, I dont think the LS7 was ever stated to actually BE in the Camaro, just a few hopefulls posting about it.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
07 Shelby said:
This is exactly what is being Speculated. Yes, I know Speculated! Take it for what it's worth. How heavy do you think a 6.6L Cast Iron Block will weigh in at?
The Challenger is Shorter than the Charger, but it's Wider.
Besides, with a 6.4L or 6.6L, do you not think that Daimler will have the same F/R Weight distribution issue that the Shelby has?

Challenger Width....... 78.6 inches
Charger Width........... 74.5 inches
Yup, speculating sucks! LOL I'm just hoping they can keep the weight down, and give it 500+hp. But I guess we just have to wait and see. Of course, by the time they hit the streets it'll be impossible to find a stock GT500 :thumbsup:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
07 Shelby said:
I agree, though it may be a bit less than 4.1k#'s.

And one thing that's really going to put a damper on the Dodges is that good tuning software for them is practically nonexistant. This is the reason you don't see KB'd hemi's running around.

Fourcam330

Established Member
SID297 said:
I agree, though it may be a bit less than 4.1k#'s.

And one thing that's really going to put a damper on the Dodges is that good tuning software for them is practically nonexistant. This is the reason you don't see KB'd hemi's running around.

Tell me about it. I had no idea they were running speed density until recently either. Trying to find quality software or a tuner is a laughing matter. :shrug:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Fourcam330 said:
Tell me about it. I had no idea they were running speed density until recently either. Trying to find quality software or a tuner is a laughing matter. :shrug:

I discovered Dodge was still speed density when the SRT-10 Ram came out. In this day in age speed density is a joke.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Uhhhh

There isn't going to be any surprises when it comes to the challenger. The srt model is going to be the same one that's in the charger and 300c srt 8. Its going to be 40k sticker. Its also not going to be markedly faster than the other cars either.

Users who are viewing this thread