Ford Maverick Tremor - Full Review | Affordable Little Truck Gets a Bit Spendy

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It is tough to see what role this would serve me. If I lived in the city and could only have one vehicle it would probably be a Ranger/Colorado or an Outback. For a Nth vehicle microtruck toy, $40k is a lot. I would probably instead look for a super clean old ranger. You can find AMAZING specimens for <$25k.

IMO, the Maverick makes its best case when it is $30k and below.

Chipnrail

Established Member
It is tough to see what role this would serve me. If I lived in the city and could only have one vehicle it would probably be a Ranger/Colorado or an Outback. For a Nth vehicle microtruck toy, $40k is a lot. I would probably instead look for a super clean old ranger. You can find AMAZING specimens for <$25k.
Any wagers on what will still be running on the road in 20 years? My money's on the ranger.

andymarkv

Established Member
Any wagers on what will still be running on the road in 20 years? My money's on the ranger.
Good question! I know you shouldn't judge from appearance...but most people I see driving Mavericks...don't look like they will abuse them very hard. So they may last a while?(Although...probably won't change the oil frequently...so there may be the long term Eco issues...)
Since they're selling out, should be a ton of them floating around on the used market in 3-5 years. I can't see them holding value like a fullsize truck.

Since the offroad capabilities are so limited, I can't see spending the money on a Tremor. A used XL AWD with tow package, 1" level, 245/70/17s and tune would make a decent all weather beater.(I'd add higher trim trinkets after the fact, like I've done on all my stuff)
Just not sure what would be reasonable to spent for something like that.
20220201_084545-jpg.34514

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have seriously thought about a Maverick for the interior space compared to my SCAB Ranger (I have to haul around a 21 month old) and ease of ingress/egress for my wife if she has to drive it, but the thought of refinancing right now (I have 0% on the Ranger) and the lack of a substantial savings in fuel (my Ranger averages between 18 and 24 even on E50). It is hard for me to justify it. I mostly drive my Ranger around town which seems like a waste, and I hate hate hate the 10R80, but the market is scary right now especially when you have to finance.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Good question! I know you shouldn't judge from appearance...but most people I see driving Mavericks...don't look like they will abuse them very hard. So they may last a while?(Although...probably won't change the oil frequently...so there may be the long term Eco issues...)
Since they're selling out, should be a ton of them floating around on the used market in 3-5 years. I can't see them holding value like a fullsize truck.

Since the offroad capabilities are so limited, I can't see spending the money on a Tremor. A used XL AWD with tow package, 1" level, 245/70/17s and tune would make a decent all weather beater.(I'd add higher trim trinkets after the fact, like I've done on all my stuff)
Just not sure what would be reasonable to spent for something like that.
20220201_084545-jpg.34514
I just picked one up but it's on its way from Tucson. Nothing fancy. It has what I want and just what I want like the AWD and EB. Eventually I will add a livernois tune and an intake, of course. On day one I will order better tires and won't go higher than 235/65 in a nice BFG trail. The 245 looks like it might be a tight fit.

I've been driving a '23 Corsair with the 2.0EB and the 8 speed. It's heavier than a maverick but it moves fine so drop a few hundred pounds and I'm sure the "truck" will get out of its own way.

andymarkv

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread