ford loses 369 MILLION $ lawsuit

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
"I'm hoping they'll fix what's out there because I don't want what's happened to me to happen to anyone else," Buell-Wilson said Thursday.

What - you mean winning a ridiculous amount of money for being a bad driver in a car you KNOW will roll over? :nonono:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Look at the big smile on her lawyer's face. Someone just took his calculator and figuered out what 40% of $396M was!
She wants them to fix design problems on a generation of car that is not produced? :rollseyes

"This is an important message because there are a lot of people out there that are driving these vehicles that don't have, like Mrs. Wilson, any clue" Schoville said.

Last edited by a moderator:

krillind8z

Established Member
Driver Benetta Buell-Wilson swerved to avoid a metal object and lost control of her 1997 Explorer, which rolled 4 1/2 times.

OK I want to know how fast she had to be going to roll 4 1/2 times. Cause she had to have been flying.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Dumbass lady can't drive and she gets $396 million. That's America for you.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Well that wasn't their first loss, Ford paid me for their vehicle defect, of course I can't say how much

truck2.jpg

ALLTHATISMAN

Established Member
If you swerve at high speeds, in a truck, you will roll. Blazers do the same thing. There is a reason the tires on the explorer were rated at 85 mph, IT'S NOT A CAR, IT'S A TRUCK!

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
What design flaws?Its an SUV for christs sake!

Maybe soccer moms need to stop buying SUV's.Or maybe..they should flip the visor down (or open a freakin drivers manual)..and read the readily available warning/disclaimer telling them that the vehicle WILL roll if they make abrupt maneuvers,like the one she obviously pulled.SUV's just arent good in any kind of emergency avoidance situation (unless you are one HELL of a driver).Kinda makes you wonder why SO many mothers buy these things because they are "bigger and safer" than a a full size sedan.

I feel bad for her being paralized..but this is what ignorance costs people.Kind of reminds me of how many rich kids in my area buy liter-bikes and then crash them 2 days later.People just dont know what they are doing/getting into..nor do they know the limitations/capabilties of their vehicles.

Like the wheelbase on an Explorer is THAT much different than any other full size SUV out there.I have a feeling Ford is gonna win this case when they apeal.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
All vehicles with high centers of gravity will roll over if they try to turn sharply at too high a speed. Its not a design flaw, its physics.

Its really amazing how stupid and incompetent people are, there's so little common sense out there that eventually we're going to have to have special classes of licenses for these types of vehicles because idiots keep driving these trucks like they were civics.

2814v

Established Member
It's total bullshi., jury trial's when it come's to a civial trial should be a thing of the past. Everyone on the jury is thinking boy if that ever happened to me I sure would want 365 big one's. The greed facter and the media alway's puttin down big biz, mean's a large company can never get a fair trial and these crazy jury awarded settlement's will continue.

rezcobra

Established Member
At the appeals court it'll be reduced to thousands or sent back for some technicality or thrown out. Because of the Explorers good safety record in tests conducted according fed's standards most "jury" awarded sums are considered flawed by the appeals courts. Its like some have commented here that if a vehicle is considered safe under acceptable standards the operator is sometimes assumed to have done something wrong even if they hadn't. But such is life!!

Users who are viewing this thread