Ford GT owners in here

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
DBK said:
Dude, not for this guy. He and this group built it to use as a private racer country club type deal, and some OEM's used it for testing and whatnot. Then the city that gave him the permit to spend God knows how much to build it yanked it because of all the new housing developments encroaching on it (i.e people complaining about noise). It sat completely dormant for like 2 years until they finally said he could use it himself so he just goes out their and putzes around. He's in a legal battle right now that he will hopefully win!

Sounds like no big deal until you realize the city is ****ing this guy out of using 160 acres worth 300-400k an acre. Talk about getting hosed. And the stupid thing is, theres a USAF base right behind that jets launch from 5 days a week. :rollseyes

I have a friend who's family is friends with that guy. Never met the track owner personally, but I know about his battles (and hopes he wins). My friend is a regular auto-x'er, and works for Shelby out here.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
DBK said:
I got to spend 2 days watching it be built at Saleen:

Anybody that lives in SoCal we'll be doin it again in August. I can't guarantee that we'll have any place to fit more than just the group, but it'd be nice to get some other Ford power together all in one place.

Keep us in the loop :coolman:

slowtealz28

Established Member
I love FGT's... IMO they sound badass, but nothing beats the sound of a stang. Me and a bunch of buddies were playing homerun derby one day and I heard a nice sounding car and I look to see what it was and it was a Blue w/white stripes FGT. I was like who the hell is driving that car in my town (poor). Later in the day im leaving in my Z28 and I look to see whos coming before I back out and its the damn FGT. He sees me and punches it. I tried to catch up but that obviously didn't work. Anyways I caught him at a light and told him he had to take me for a ride, he told me to follow him. I met up w/him at his buddies house and he was tellin me he's a ford dealer down in delaware. He took me for a ride and it was just unreal. I was surprised he was gettin on it hard though. The ride was very refined for what it is. It was a blast.

manOwar

Established Member
I think you've seen the one in my sig... He was getting more work done while they where fine tuning the KB on mine. I have decent numbers but not like what Joe's making!!

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
manOwar said:
I think you've seen the one in my sig... He was getting more work done while they where fine tuning the KB on mine. I have decent numbers but not like what Joe's making!!

What IS joe making these days, and when is that second IMV film supposed to come out?

manOwar

Established Member
redfire550hp said:
^^only 700 with the kb?
:lol: yeah, pump gas and 14.5lbs @ 22*. Should have new numbers by the end of the week.

Joe has his new motor in and bigger turbo's. 45's I think!! I'm not sure what his numbers are now.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
slowtealz28 said:
I love FGT's... IMO they sound badass, but nothing beats the sound of a stang. Me and a bunch of buddies were playing homerun derby one day and I heard a nice sounding car and I look to see what it was and it was a Blue w/white stripes FGT. I was like who the hell is driving that car in my town (poor). Later in the day im leaving in my Z28 and I look to see whos coming before I back out and its the damn FGT. He sees me and punches it. I tried to catch up but that obviously didn't work. Anyways I caught him at a light and told him he had to take me for a ride, he told me to follow him. I met up w/him at his buddies house and he was tellin me he's a ford dealer down in delaware. He took me for a ride and it was just unreal. I was surprised he was gettin on it hard though. The ride was very refined for what it is. It was a blast.
cool man, if i ran into a ford gt on the street i would do the same thing and ask him for a ride in it!!! I'd try to convince him to let me drive it.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
here is a pic of my GT :beer:

3-10-2007-22.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread