Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
son of a bitch....as if our orders weren't far enough out already

Hey, it'll be fine, fetterman's on it.

IMG_9761.jpeg

Source:

Surprised to learn Mack is owned by Volvo.

VegasMichael

Established Member

View attachment 1812888

Source:

Fetterman looking like Pinhead, one of the puppets from the movie Puppet Master.
1697122335772.jpeg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This whole UAW fiasco has me looking at a Toyota Tundra. I got one for a rental while in San Antonio and it was very nice.

It should. They need a wakeup call that they are not the only game in town anymore.

In leaked internal communications, the UAW intends to do substantial and lasting reputational harm to the big 3. Thanks goodness the UAW signs their memberships paychecks, or else it may be misconstrued that they were intentionally trying harm to the place that provides them a livelihood.

Sounds like a bunch of real stand-up fellows over at solidarity house.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Ford is done negotiating. Your play Fain.

As they should... I'm of the mindset of if you don't like it, leave. My employer would have a good laugh and help me pack my belongings if I went to them with similar demands. I wonder if this will somehow backfire on the UAW.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As they should... I'm of the mindset of if you don't like it, leave. My employer would have a good laugh and help me pack my belongings if I went to them with similar demands. I wonder if this will somehow backfire on the UAW.

Mine too...and it's me. Lol

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Fain said in Wednesday that Ford told UAW bargainers for nearly two weeks that it would make another counteroffer on economic issues. But at a meeting called by the union, the company didn't increase its previous offer, Fain said. "Ford hasn’t gotten the message” to bargain for a fair contract, Fain said in announcing the walkout by 8,700 workers at the company's Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville.

“We’ve been very patient working with the company on this,” he said in a video. “They have not met expectations, they’re not even coming to the table on it.”

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fain said in Wednesday that Ford told UAW bargainers for nearly two weeks that it would make another counteroffer on economic issues. But at a meeting called by the union, the company didn't increase its previous offer, Fain said. "Ford hasn’t gotten the message” to bargain for a fair contract, Fain said in announcing the walkout by 8,700 workers at the company's Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville.

“We’ve been very patient working with the company on this,” he said in a video. “They have not met expectations, they’re not even coming to the table on it.”

This is going to end with Fain being crucified by membership.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

Bullitt1448

Established Member

View attachment 1812888

Source:

Mack has been owed by Volvo since 2000, before that Mack was owed by Renault. When Volvo acquired Renault, Mack was part of the deal.

Last edited:

02reaper

Established Member
Ford is done negotiating. Your play Fain.

I hope so. I hope they are all done negotiating with him. Let those UAW funds run out and I bet they strike a deal. I would be finding ways my company couldn't be unionized anymore, but I bet its harder doing it now than it would have been in the beginning, before there was a union in the plant.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This is going to end with Fain being crucified by membership.
Should be literally.

I hope so. I hope they are all done negotiating with him. Let those UAW funds run out and I bet they strike a deal. I would be finding ways my company couldn't be unionized anymore, but I bet its harder doing it now than it would have been in the beginning, before there was a union in the plant.

The big 3 let the figurative cat WAY too far out of the bag on the UAW front. That thing should have been tranq'ed and jammed back into the bag 40 years ago.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Next steps for the Big 3 should be:

1. Immediately cut benefits to the strikers. No more healthcare of any kind. Time to let constipation face pay those bills.

2. Make the hard decision and let this thing run out past Christmas. Starve 'em out.

Time to fight fire with fire.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agreed. Once rank-and-file UAW membership realized they just shit on their Christmas. At this point they likely have a lot of bills due. If/when contract is signed, they'll spend the next few months playing catch-up. Meanwhile Fain still gets his pay and to have a nice christmas with his fam.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
My jeep went to the body shop after an accident. They took it apart and had to put it back together so i could pick it up. Parts are in stock at distribution but they cant get then delivered due to strike. Thankfully its still driveable.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Even though Ford had a better relationship with the UAW pre-strike, I think the UAW has decided Ford is the weakest and will be targeted for setting the pattern-settlement.

United Auto Workers President Shawn Fain said Friday that the union may call on more workers at Big Three facilities to strike “at any time,” shifting the labor movement’s strategy a month in.

“With the threat of a strike, we can get them moving,” Fain said at a scheduled address to the membership, during which he did not call for more walkouts. “We changed the rules, and now there’s only one rule: Pony up.”

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Son's '24 Grand Cherokee L came in Friday, was delivered to him Saturday. So far, so good!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread