Ford GM Stellantis UAW Strike

02reaper

Established Member
They produce GMC and Chevy because there is still a surprising amount of brand loyalty, and the products are differentiated enough to be profitable.
True, but if the choice isn't available, then that's not an issue.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
More locals going out Friday at noon if UAW head doesn't see radically improved offers.

robvas

Established Member
Perversely, it depends on how brand loyal they are. Had many GMC truck buyers that had zero interest in a Chevy.
My grandmother talked shit about Buicks her whole life and only drove Pontiacs. Her last car before she died was a Buick though!

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
While I dislike unions and think they are unnecessary, I also think that companies should compensate a good worker. I also think they should get rid of the bad ones before they spread the bad throughout the company. The big three have a lot of fat, that provides a lot of jobs, that also provides a lot of waste. I still don't get why GM produces the GMC and Chevrolet version of the same truck. It's wasteful. You don't need a 100 different model choices of vehicles with 1 million configurations. Look at tesla. They have like what 5 models. Pick your biggest sellers and ditch the rest.
What determines a good worker?

Are the members of the UAW held responsible when a specific part or issue needs fixing under warranty? In other words, will a poorly or wrongly installed part be traced back to the individual who installed it and in turn, that person be held responsible?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They are probably cannibalizing sales from Chevrolet. Is GMC even gaining any sort of market share?
The GM twins have quietly outsold the F150 for the last few year, and have a comparable amount of options and trims levels. They just have 2 brands. Something like ~2/3 of GMC buyers option the Denali package, which is just a money printing press.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
About the only state that can build a new road or replace a road efficiently in the US is Florida.

Maybe if the bar is that low around where you live I could buy that.

FDOT projects go on for years only to be completed and then redone.

The only time I've seen roads be done efficiently down here is when it's financied through developers. Anything with the State or certain counties is a mess.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
NSFW (potential docking).

Canucks settle for a lot of nice things.

4EDC974100000578-6030821-image-a-1_1533546920418.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford settles with Canucks.
Could be an interesting strategic play by our friends to the north. Unifor took a much more collaborative approach with the companies. Playing more of the long game vs. going all in on one "battle", only to cut their own throats down the road.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The GM twins have quietly outsold the F150 for the last few year, and have a comparable amount of options and trims levels. They just have 2 brands. Something like ~2/3 of GMC buyers option the Denali package, which is just a money printing press.
I rarely see them in the basic bitch trim level around here, its almost always in Denali trim.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I rarely see them in the basic bitch trim level around here, its almost always in Denali trim.

Only base GMC Sierras I see are used by General Contractors, and that's the supervisors, the PMs get the Denali trim lol.

Really can't remember the last SLT I've seen.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Only base GMC Sierras I see are used by General Contractors, and that's the supervisors, the PMs get the Denali trim lol.

Really can't remember the last SLT I've seen.
Pretty much, for awhile you could get Denali’s fairly cheap as they were heavily incentivized, it really wasn’t a whole lot more than Sierra’s in lower trim levels.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I don't see domestic manufacturers getting around the demands at this point.

Beating the record profits war drum to investors sort of ruins the argument of "we don't have any money" at the table with UAW negotiators.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't see domestic manufacturers getting around the demands at this point.

Beating the record profits war drum to investors sort of ruins the argument of "we don't have any money" at the table with UAW negotiators.

If they cave, they're toast, the wage advantage by the competition will be insurmountable.

Users who are viewing this thread