Ford Factory alarm module brain

svtleen

Established Member
I was working underneath the steering column trying to dress up the cables with tie wrap and I had to move the Factory Alarm Brain and the alarm went off. I turn it off by unlocking the door and I try to rearrange the alarm brain again and went off again. Is that normal for the factory alarm brain to just go off like that or is there lose wiring I should be investigating.:shrug:

cobra_mer

Established Member
if i had to guess i would say its normal. an anti theft system that doesnt allow you to remove the brain. so some one doenst crawl under your car in the parking lot and remove the system and drive off with your car.

toomanytoys

Established Member
At least your alarm goes off. Mine doesnt do anything. I can shake the car or even open the door and it doesnt go off. I think there was an aftermarket alarm in the car at one time and the factory one was disabled somehow.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The factory anti-theft does not have a shock sensor.

It's the dealer installed Ford alarms that adds the shock sensor and a couple other minor features.

Stop beating on your car!:-D

beastmar

Established Member
If I do anything electrical to my car, I remove the negative battery cable. Diagnosing electrical problems suck! But my factory alarm isn't even an alarm. I can just unlock and lock my doors.

Users who are viewing this thread